Garden

Discussion in 'Garden Tips And Talk' started by vlparrish, May 3, 2007.

1. vlparrish

vlparrish New Member

State:
    Bedford, Kentucky
    I got out some garden this week. I planted some bell pepper, cabbage, broccoli and tomato starts. Then I got home from fishing last night and Kelli told me she caught the neighbor kid beating em down with a stick. Vern

2. jbarnes17

jbarnes17 New Member

State:
    Commerce, Oklahoma
    Sounds like the neighbor kid needs a good bustin. I got mine out on Monday and then the rains came. the whole garden is flooded and i'm going to have to replant.

3. Hope

Hope New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Man, this is just not seemin to be the Spring for gardening! :confused2:
    Sorry about your plants, Vernon and Joel!

That's alot of work to have to do all over again.
    I sure think that neighbor kid's parents need a little talk, too!
    Bad enough when the weather backfires, but deliberate destruction is another matter altogether. Might do that family alot of good to replace any broken plants, especially if that child is the one who gets to replant them (under close supervision). Shoot, maybe he'd discover a love of gardening :cool2: heh... well, ya never know :smile2: Good luck, you two!

4. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Good grief... Maybe the kids parents should replace your plants and have him replant...

Ol' Man
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    A bargain is something you don't need at a price you can't resist.

5. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    I managed to plant my bell peppers, wax beans, sweet corn & watermellon that I had started indoors out last night. some critter was sampling the beans when I had them out to harden them before planting so i only have half of what I started. My veggie garden is fenced in after the local rabbit destroyed it last year.

6. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Mine is getting off to a slow start also Vern, the twister we had raised hell with my free time lol i have gotten tomatoes, peppers ,okra, onions ,and radishes planted though. still need to till a bit more so we can plant the beans, zuccini, melons, and cukes

7. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    Maybe 5 pounds of roofing nails over the fence.

8. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Well the garden is sproutin along, the okra is up as well as the radishes. Got a bag of red onion sets that said there were 100sets, planted 75 and theres more than half a bag left!! so looks like were gonna have onions for sale to the local market.

9. alands94

alands94 Active Member

State:
    Lebanon, I
    Our peppers, lettuce, okra, tomatoes, peas, and beans are off to a good start. We tried artichokes (yeah, I know - Illinois artichokes?) and cilantro this year, but neither looks too good. We tossed a few giant pumpkin seeds into an old burn pile and they are starting to come up fast.