Garden City

Discussion in 'LOCAL KANSAS TALK' started by dolphinshubby, Jul 30, 2009.

1. dolphinshubby

dolphinshubby New Member

State:
    kansas
    Was wandering if anyone knew of any places around Garden City. Dolphinswmmr and I may be headed out that way due my job. Wanted to know more about the area before I make any final decisions. Lord knows she will never go if there's no good fishing spots.:big_smile:

2. Mr. Foster

Mr. Foster New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Dont try the Arkansas, I saw a picture of it this weekend and you can step right across it, lol. I havent a clue, but surley someone will be by to help you out, good luck.

3. KC Fishin

KC Fishin New Member

State:
    Olathe,Kansas
    If your talking about Garden City KS good luck like a desert down there as far as water holes go to Scott city north of Garden about 30 to 40 miles Scott Lake has some alright fishing GOOD LUCK...............

4. ks-limb-liner

ks-limb-liner New Member

State:
    Wichita, Kansas
    Closest lake your going to find out that way is Clark Co. Lake, its straight south of dodge city, however its a really nice lake, sets down in a valley.
    has great fishing.

5. longtravel

longtravel New Member

State:
    wichita ka
    scott county lake about 15 miles north of garden city used to be a good place to go for channel cats

6. PHLIPS4BIGKATS

PHLIPS4BIGKATS New Member

State:
    Alma Kansas
    Well there are several more places to fish out there they just aren't of any size. I grew up in Dodge city. Here are the ones I have fished with any succes. Ford co. lake-Clark co. lake-meade lake- scott co.- hayens lake-. They have also just finished a new lake in horse theft canyon. Don't know much about the horse theft cayon lake accept they stocked it with some average size fish along with small ones. But your best bet for fish of any size would be Clark co. lake. It is 40min S.E of Dodge city which is Kingsdown KS, at kingsdown you will turn and go straight south 12miles. From Garden your talking about a 2hr drive though. You might try ford co. lake which is E. of dodge city about 5miles. Since they drained the lake and redone it (about 15yrs ago) it is really nice. Tons of bank fishing and before I moved we would go there everyday jsut because it was close and the fish were decent in size.

Later,
    Chris