Garatherings

Discussion in 'LOCAL CALIFORNIA TALK' started by fish04, Jul 30, 2009.

1. fish04

fish04 New Member

State:
    Ca.
    Have you guys thought about having these gatherings like every other or every 3 - 4 months? Maybe in a different place or maybe in a centeral location? Just asking now.
    Fish04
    don

2. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    I had quite a few this year myself and have another event in August. As far as BOC the central boys always have something going on and have a great time. Traditionally in So Cal there is the river gathering in Blythe in June or May. But that is pretty much it for so cal. Sometimes there is a gathering in Yuma during the spring. I use to have Irvine BOC gatherings but have not done that as of late. I guess it just depends on the interest down here a lot. I have not even heard from Dale anybody knows what up with him lately? Been trying to reach him.

3. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Might have a mini gathering on the ohter side of the river end of august. Let's see:wink:

4. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    That would be cool. I was thinking about heading labor day weekend out that way right before the kids come back to school.

5. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Last weekend of AUgust I can get to my spot on the other side of the river. Nice crappie, striper and channel catsover there. Can only get to it by boat except 1 week a year:wink:

6. fish04

fish04 New Member

State:
    Ca.
    Is that when they open the gate Robb?
    Fish04
    Don

7. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Yep, I will call the DFG tomorrow. To find out:wink:

8. tofish

tofish New Member

State:
    arizona
    brian, never jeard of a gathering in yuma area. just blythe.one would be great though.
    gary

9. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    More the merrier:wink:

10. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    Did not there use to be a meeting or mini gathering around the Yuma area or Sqaw Lake? I may be wrong and it was just a few people getting together. Sqaw may be a little ways from Yuma I dont know. LOL. Maybe should put one together Gary soon. Would love it.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2009
  11. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    "Here's a shocker for ya Big Robb" :0a14: (lol)

If you were to make that move in august - "Count Me In"!!!
    :wink:

If you was talking about the end of the month - I take another train ride down there & hang-out with you guys.
    :0a23:

12. tofish

tofish New Member

State:
    arizona
    ray and tom and i have gotten together a few times, but never called a gathering. one time riverdale was at picacho park and a few of us met him up there. was that a gathering? if so, guess we had one that time two nights.but these meetings were private between just us. then we poste what happened.
    would like to see a gathering at yuma . (or squaw lake) but that is popular place and see it fill up fast at times. also, costs to camp there and not much shade.
    gary

13. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    Ok cool guess I mistaken it but if only even a few of us gets together and hang out that is cool. Some gatherings have 5 or 6 people anyways. LOl.

As far as the location down that way I know you know best. Lake Martinez or anywhere else to the Imperial Dam would be cool. Or even Pichaco. neither one of those places I been too anyway but would like to see it. Maybe when its not hot like in the spring or fall would be cool. I been hearing about the heat out that way lately. Not looking forward to that. :big_smile:

14. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    I was thinking last or weekend before last of August. They close the gait in September:wink:

15. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    "Cool" - I'll try to make that trip down there - just let me know what's up Buddy.
    :wink:

16. fish04

fish04 New Member

State:
    Ca.
    That is like the 22-23 or 29-30? Robb Thats real close to labor day Bro!
    If you going to do a gathering the 22-23 would be better traffic wise and less boys in blue out.
    Fish04
    Don

17. mangles

mangles New Member

State:
    california
    The 22-23 is the same date as the WCCM tournament, it might be a good day for people to get together and maybe win some cash in the process.

18. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    I will check the dates with Mendota see if they can confirm the gate opening. I also have to check at work to get that Friday off too:wink:

19. gilmafam

gilmafam Well-Known Member

State:
    California
    Robb, thanks for checking out the "gate opening"... My wife and I had a great time with you at the pipe on the island... Capt Steve did his "show-up" and brought a bunch of fish that he caught somewhere else.

I'm not sure if it was last year or back another year. We took the RV and met you on the other side of the bridge. It was the first time on the Island and was worried about the road.... You finally showed up 10 min late on a Friday, after work... but the road was great for the RV to drive there...

We caught some "Minnners" and did Ok on the cats fishing in the "crappie hole" and out in front. From what I learned last week end at the other side of the pipe.. I'm going to make sure that I bring my "c-dad" trap, and some bait to get some local ones... (give the wife something to do) LOL

So let us know what you find out...

20. gilmafam

gilmafam Well-Known Member

State:
    California
    Don.. Since our "Beloved-Swartzaneger" state is so big, it can be rather costly for the folks here in So.Cal to get up to central cal... and even to get down to Blythe and especially Yuma.... it is the same.... I'm game for a gathering at the pipe.... but think that the time that Robb and I met, it was after labor day for sure, as I tend to stay at home on the holidays....

It seems that Bert pretty much travels the most other than me to get to gatherings up that way.... again, there is not much here in the "LA" area to fish with camping and all that we boys do.

Bert has mentioned another "Delta" gathering... maybe even the "houseboat" idea.... Brannan Island is a good gathering spot, but having a "boat or three" is essential.... (have to compete with other folks that get out during the thanksgiving season)

Gary "Tofish" has a great place at "Squaw Lake"... lots of "basic camping".. with pay showers.. no hookups, but camping can be on the water in selected spots... The town of Yuma is about 30 miles away for those wanting the comforts... But the fishing can be great, and the river is "more open" than at the Blythe area.

The California Canal (off the main river) is easy to get to from Squaw ... Only problem is that a boat is essential because of its shoreline accessability....Bulldogs boat would be ok for sure, and its about time that "blue" got his boat wet in the river.

Lots of canals to fish in Yuma, at lake Mittre, Gila main, and shore fishing down from the imperial dam....

But to do this... Its a long way for "the train-man" Bert, and it is a commitment in mileage for the central cal boys to drive down that way... "got to put in 4-5 days to do it.

:big_smile:So, I'm game for some more gatherings... be it "mini" or "biggie"

Here are some pics of "Squaw Lake" which is a "back-water" lake off of the Colorado River just a couple miles up from imperial dam.