Garage sale fishing gear

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by bluesbrother, Aug 29, 2006.

1. bluesbrother

bluesbrother New Member

State:
    texas
    some times yu can find good fishing gear at them like old penn reels for like real cheap. you would be surprized what bthem ritch folks sale for cheep just because they got a new one lol

2. carpet1

carpet1 New Member

State:
    Ash Flat,Arkansas
    You bet Ive bought lots of nice gear from yard sales

3. bluesbrother

bluesbrother New Member

State:
    texas
    man there great somtimes it might be a abu reel just needs a paw or cleaning. cheap and tackle boxes gallore reel good bargains think im going to one soon.good luck

4. gcarlin

gcarlin New Member

State:
    Richmond ,Indiana
    LOL Aint nothing wrong with a good deal on some one elses ham de downs .

5. JReed

JReed New Member

State:
    Lima, Ohio
    Just last weekend I got 6 rod and reels and an old tool box full of tackle. I did some checking on the reels and they range from 1930 - 1950 all of them are in mint condition. There wwas several OLD lures in the box with the oldest one being between 60 and 70 years old. Some of the lures were pretty rough but the old one was perfect. Got it all for $70. :cool2:

6. kycatman01

kycatman01 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    You can find good deals at yard sales. Alot of people don't know what they have.

7. buddah

buddah New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania Wi
    I love a Yard Sale! LOL I find all sorts of great stuff sometimes! I think auctions are sweet too for gear.

8. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

Is there any other reason to go to a yard sale?

9. chattycatty

chattycatty New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Hey, that's the only way I can get my husband to stop at a yard sale - if he sees a fishing pole or boat stuff, he's ready to stop - otherwise it's "Oh No! Not another yard sale! :lol:

10. Redtick

Redtick New Member

State:
    Neoga, Illinois
    Lots of folks that have yard sales don't know what they have got and what it is really worth. I bought a brand new, not out of the box Hummingbird Fishfinder at one this year. I have a good one on my boat already but this one was so cheap, I had to have it for a spare. I have a Bottomline Fishing Buddy II fishfinder I bought for $50, it works great. I bought a like new Abu 5500 for less than $20 the other day. I buy lots of rods for $2. Some are top brand names. THere are lots of good stuff I have bought but you must be there real early around here, there is lots of guys looking also.

11. truckin4x4

truckin4x4 New Member

State:
    columbus, Ohio
    hey i like anything cheep. one persons trash is anothers treasure

12. bluesbrother

bluesbrother New Member

State:
    texas
    amen to that brother

13. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    People that don`t fish have no idea what gear is worth Idon`t like to stop unless I see fishing stuff:tounge_out:

14. flatheadhunterx

flatheadhunterx Active Member

State:
    South Carolina
    i bought a abu 6500 at a pawn shop that when you turned the handle the spool wouldnt turn i paid like 10 dollars for it as i was walking out the door i tightened up the drag and it worked perfect.

15. plainsman

plainsman New Member Supporting Member

State:
    minnesota
    Yep, good place to find good stuff, sometimes takin a chance on it bein worn out or hidden defects. A buddy told me its every fishermans nightmare that his wife will sell his stuff for what he told her he paid for it.:smile2: