GAR HOLE!

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by CBH, Aug 10, 2009.

1. CBH

CBH New Member

State:
    WV
    I found it last night! It has to be the best Gar Hole on the Ohio River!
    As soon as I threw a bait out, I caught a 22" channel cat. Soon after that the gar started pulling on my baits and never quit for more than a 10 minute period during the 3 hours I was there. I even moved about 100 yards to get away from them. It didn't work. I finally had enough at midnight and threw in the towel. I hate gar.

2. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Agreed there. When the Gar move in it seems you cannot get away from them. It's almost like they will follow you.

3. varmint_sniper

varmint_sniper New Member

State:
    OHIO
    where is this gar hole at so i know not to go there? :smile2:

4. Moose1

Moose1 New Member

State:
    STEUB, OHIO
    i want to know where it is so i can catch one of them critters.:crazy::eek:oooh::big_smile:

5. CBH

CBH New Member

State:
    WV
    I was fishing just below Carpenters Bridge at St. Marys WV. On the Ohio side of the river. Must have been hundreds of them in there!

6. Slatebar

Slatebar New Member

State:
    ohio
    I got into a bunch of them on the Green Up Pool where the Guyandotte dumps into the Ohio recently. They were all around. Had to up anchor and moved up river a couple miles.

7. Catfish_Rob

Catfish_Rob New Member

State:
    Cincinnati, OHIO
    Earlier this month they were running. It is all I caught for a few weeks. I hate 'em. Some ex-criminal fisherman told me he eats them. I am not ready to do that.