Gander Mtn. Cathfish Seminar

Discussion in 'LOCAL NORTH CAROLINA TALK' started by Mac-b, Jan 27, 2008.

1. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    Gander Mtn. of Mooresville will host a catfish seminar on Feb. 20, 2008 at 6:30 PM. Capt. Gus and LakeNormanBlues (Mac Byrum) will conduct the seminar. We invite all of the brothers and sisters of the BOC to attend.

If someone has a special topic they would like covered, please feel free to PM me and I will do my best to include it.

As usual, we will give out $10 gift cards for your use and maybe a hat or two.

2. SUNDROP

SUNDROP New Member

State:
    Washington
    Wish it were closer! Might have to do a roadtrip!!

3. Bream baiter

Bream baiter New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Just wondering if this will be an advanced level or more of a beginner/mid level seminar.

4. Mac-b

State:
    North Caro
    Bream baiter, the topic of the seminar will be "Catching Trophy Cats in the winter time". It is designed for all levels of knowledge for those interested in catching large cats under cold water conditions. I will cover bait sizes, what to look for in cold water conditions, time allowed for each spot, etc.

5. Ghost River

Ghost River New Member

State:
    Carolina
    mac, is the seminar still on schedual for tonight?

6. Mac-b

State:
    North Caro
    Colt, sorry I missed your post yesterday. Yes, the seminar was held last night and we had a decent turnout. I have attached some photo's of the group and one of myself with my BOC yellow hat on.

7. CarolinaCats

CarolinaCats New Member

State:
    Rural Hall
    I would have posted earlier. But I was dog tired when I got home from the seminar. When we arrived at Gander Mtn. Mac was sitting outside talking to a fella that was gonna sit in on the seminar. When we walked across the parking lot Mac turned around and said, "Are you Teddy?". It must have been the BOC hat I was wearing. We talked a few minutes and decided to go inside and do some shoppingbefore the seminar. Mac gave me and my fishing buddy a $10.00 off card and it cost me 70 some bucks!

The seminar started and was well worth the cost of admission<FREE>! Mac really impressed me with his knowledge and "wanting to help" attitude. Mac covered everything from A-Z. And done it in away that the beginner or advanced fishermen would stay interested. Every seat was filled and some good questions was ask by the attending fishermen.

Mac really knows catfishing. Like so many others here on the BOC. We are truly blessed to have someone like Mac involved. The 160 mile round trip was well worth it. I highly recommend that if you ever have the chance to sit in on a seminar Mac is givng, Do it! I might just have to sit in on the summer time catfishing seminar!

~Teddy

8. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    LakeNormanBlues always puts on a good show. Lots of info and he is not afraid to give away the secrets. :wink:

9. gearhead

gearhead New Member

State:
    China Grove, NC
    I forgot .I missed it ,dang it .I cant remember anything .Im kicking myself:angry:

10. CarolinaCats

CarolinaCats New Member

State:
    Rural Hall
    Jeremy you missed a goodun! Even heard about MacDaddys 1000 lb cat he caught. BY HIMSELF!
    :eek:oooh:

11. Mac-b

State:
    North Caro
    Teddy, you forgot to say that it was told by Capt. Gus and not me. By the way, it was 1,101.1 pounds, not 1,000 pounds.:smile2:

12. CarolinaCats

CarolinaCats New Member

State:
    Rural Hall
    Ether way Mac...Im glad you beleive in Catch Photograph and Release. :byebye:

13. blacksheep

blacksheep New Member

State:
    NC
    I to hate I missed it. I was working but would have liked to have met all the NC catfishermen.

14. dumpyloser

dumpyloser New Member

State:
    South/North Carolina
    wish i wouldn't have missed this. guess i should frequent the boards more often. any chance it was recorded (video and/or audio) I'm sure a few like myself would love to know what went down