Gander mountain's open

Discussion in 'LOCAL ILLINOIS TALK' started by backwoodsman68geric, Mar 29, 2009.

1. backwoodsman68geric

backwoodsman68geric New Member

State:
    illinois
    Gander Mountain in Springfield's open. Went there last night and it was really impressive. Tons's of dvd's, books, magazines too. Bought a trapping dvd and a catfishing using set lines dvd. If they aint got it you probably cant get it or dont need it, lol. Prices werent bad either.

2. barnold

barnold Active Member

State:
    Illinois
    Best thing to hit Springfield since DE Ja Vue!!! :eek:oooh:

3. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    :smile2: :smile2: :smile2: :smile2:

4. backwoodsman68geric

backwoodsman68geric New Member

State:
    illinois
    LOL, never been to Deja Vue. Drove by it many times. Anybody know of a good gun store over that way? That Letz one's there off clear lake but I cant ever catch it open. Been trying for 3 years, always closed. Surplus store has a few things but never what Im looking for?

5. bream reaper

bream reaper Member

State:
    Indiana
    Man, I love Gander Mt. In my opinon they are better than the 2 superstores for prices and having what I need.

6. Beatrun

Beatrun New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Try Capital City Arms. It's connected to Bullet Express over in Industrial Park off of Toronto Rd. They're pretty fairly priced except for brand new assault rifles. I picked up my new Springfield XD for 80 bucks cheaper than what they want at Gander. Their used guns are hit or miss, they sell what they get in pretty quick but they get alot every week. Just gotta keep checking. A friend of mine bought a nice used mini 14 a couple of weeks ago and got a pretty good deal

As for Gander Mountain, they have a ton of stuff in stock but I think they're kind of pricey. I'd just assume to go to Big Red's bait shop and have Trevor order me whatever I needed through Bass Pro for whatever I need for fishing, it would probably be cheaper. Plus, you get to support your local business owners.