Gander Mountain

Discussion in 'Handgun Talk' started by TRP1, Sep 5, 2007.

1. TRP1

TRP1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Stopped by local store. The prices are crazy on the guns, They want more for used guns than I can get for new ones for at other shops.
    they had a Glock 21 (used) for 650.00 and the so called expert behind the counter said the price were firm ....................................................

2. xringer3

xringer3 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I know what you mean. There are alot of self proclaimed "experts" out there. Just because guns might be thier hobby and they have more than one gun magazine subscription, they think that makes them an expert!

3. bootshowl

bootshowl New Member

State:
    Indiana, J
    I just quit going to those....I don't want to hear bout "flooring cost". I miss the older times when ya bought one & the owner told ya, that don't work out, we will work something out. Alway's a fair trade, etc. Now they act like they are doing you a favour taking your money.
    I know I'm dating myself, but I can remember laying what I could afford to spend for shells up on the counter, and he'd split a box for ya....because he knew it was for food....and ask how your mom & dad were doing. And sometimes you'd stop in to just visit & listen to the olders, pick up some tips or even get an offer to hunt, or for some work.
    Better days; maybe not, but better people no doubt.

4. riddleofsteel

riddleofsteel New Member

State:
    NC
    Try your local police supply. These dealers takes trades on used officers weapons and accept confiscated weapons from police departments. I have found their prices as fair as you will find today.
    I was in one in Greensboro, NC the other day and they had used Glocks in the $350.00 range. They also had used 229 Sigs for $450.00 that looked like they had never been issued or carried!!

5. massa_jorge

massa_jorge New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    yeah david we have a pawnshop here that is run by law enforcement, and they sell confiscated firearms and police trade ins. i just picked up another sks for 170 bucks. it is really nice, when rifles like it in a lot worse shape are going for three times as much at "outdoor stores". i used to find some awesome deals at the gun shows, but even they have jacked their prices up rediculously. that's the way it's going i guess. i strongly encourage private sales, if they are legal in the state where you live.

6. paleocaver

paleocaver New Member

State:
    USA
    I hear ya! I was in the mood for a .44 mag Blackhawk. GM wanted $499 for the 50th Anniversay Edition 44 mag, got it at the local high volume, but good old boy gun store for $399. Dang then I had to go out and buy a Marlin 1894 44 mag to pair it up with.

Now to get reloading supplies, this can get expensive.

7. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    It's something that whole chain (Gander Mtn) has done. Their gun prices have went up $50-300 each this week. My bro in law works for them. With the raised prices you get free cleanings, an extra $20 on your next trade in, $50 off any guide trip, etc..... This was a decision from the company and will be chain wide. I think it might just place them out of the firearm business.

FYI: He says people are pizzed! I dont blame them one bit.

8. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Oh yea and they are no longer allowed to "Price Match" firearms now either.

9. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma

Sounds like they are catering to the big city boys that have money to burn. It'll be a cold day in hell when I pay anyone to clean my guns ,and whats 20 bucks on a trade in .and the 50.00 off a guide trip ,lol I aint got the money for a guided hunt ,so thats way out of my league hehehehe.

10. massa_jorge

massa_jorge New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    the way i was raised, a guided hunt was when the older guys would point me in the direction the deer would come from! i hear ya on the cleaning richard. i clean guns for my buddies, but it doesn't cost them anything- they bring the no. 9 solvent and the rem oil and i show em how it's done.
    i have a good friend that works at gander mtn. i know it's not at the store level that these price changes are going. i used to work the wallyworld sporting goods for 3 years, and i can tell you it's not the employees' fault. we would get price changes straight from bentonville and finalize them, so the new price, up or down, would go into effect. they always jacked the price of ammo up right before the season, and a lot of the firearms would go up when the respective seasons were coming up. it's just retail, and i hated it. the only good thing i ever saw there in regards to changing prices was that they clearanced out the win 1300's when winchester closed down the new haven plant, and the 94 leverguns stayed the same when everyone else went up on them.

11. Ictalurus Punctatus

Ictalurus Punctatus New Member

State:
    Greensboro, NC
    Are you talking about Arringtons or Southern Firearms, David? I bought my Glock from Arringtons, a used 21 .45 ACP with three magazines, in the box with papers and all, it looked like it'd never been fired, for $450. I'll buy my next gun from there too.

Jon