Gander Mountain?

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by paleocaver, Jul 10, 2006.

1. paleocaver

paleocaver New Member

State:
    USA
    Seems like Huntsville, Alabama is getting a Gander Mtn this fall. What's it like? Their website leaves a lot to be desired with no online shopping that I could see to compare prices. How are they compared to Bass Pro or Cabelas, how about Dicks or Academy? Do they carry enough to interest a catfisherman? Thanks

2. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

I have never used them but a few of the guys here really like the store and prices

3. RamRod

RamRod New Member

State:
    Ohio
    It's a very nice sporting goods store that has competitive pricing. I even think they have a low price guarantee of some sort.

4. ersel

ersel New Member

State:
    Haughton Louisiana
    I went to Gander Mt. last week they are nice a better selection of guns than BPS but not as good as Cabelas. GM was as good as BPS and Cabelas on tackle.The one semi-near here also had live bait.

5. armynavy

armynavy New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Alot cheaper than the Dick's here too. I like gander mtn the are a small BPS and Cabelas put together.

6. blindfly69

blindfly69 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    i think at one point in time we had one (or still do have one) in kentucky but i've never gone to it. personally i would like for one to come in up here but we got a bass pro shops just across the river so i think i'll be fine for now

7. TIM HAGAN

TIM HAGAN New Member

State:
    Walkersvil
    well the one i went to was a big let down and the fishing department was about like going to wally world. hope yours will be better then that one was.

8. SubnetZero

SubnetZero New Member

State:
    Sherman IL
    I went to one up by Chicago.. I liked it. They had Danny Kings Punch bait in stock...

9. FishMan

FishMan New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Scott, I think you will be very pleased.

10. ersel

ersel New Member

State:
    Haughton Louisiana
    They had it down here also I bought some blood flavored. It was the first store that I have seen it in.

11. janton311

janton311 New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas
    They just put a gander mountain here last year. I like it and it seems to be reasonably priced..

12. Catatonic Chronic

Catatonic Chronic New Member

State:
    Johnson City, New York
    Gander Mountain Rocks! At least mine used to. :sad2:

13. field989

field989 New Member

State:
    east central indiana
    i love going there....

well i love going to any outdoor place..- bass pro-cabelas-gander MTN- ect.

i love just walking around and seeing everything

ITS GREAT,,,

they do have some good prices though

THAT IS WHERE I BOUGHT MY MARLIN .17HMR

14. nuthinlikeacat

nuthinlikeacat New Member

State:
    Eden Prairie, Minnesota
    I'm a Gander Mountain Freak. We have 2 within 10 miles of my place and another one opening up about a mile from my place. Pricewise, they are very competitive to Cabelas. Although they don't have quite the selection as Cabelas, they have a great selection and variety of brands. We do have a Cabelas about 15 miles from my place, but I prefer Gander.

Their website does leave alot to be desired.....but that will change in the near future.

15. catfishkatmando

catfishkatmando New Member

State:
    Salem, WV.
    Great store They compare to both the other big guys. They use to have a mail order long time ago I use to refer it then.

16. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    Not as fancy as Bass Pro or Cabelas, but do have about the same if not better fishing and hunting supplies.

17. Buddrice

Buddrice New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Never been to one but I heard that they were good..

18. paleocaver

paleocaver New Member

State:
    USA
    Thanks for the replies everyone. Can't wait until it opens. All we have local now is Dicks and wally-world. Can drive an hour and a half to Nashville to Academy and BPS but Gander will be located between home a work (that might be dangerous and casue my wallet to lighten a bit.)

19. buddah

buddah New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania Wi
    "They" just put one outside of Williamsport/Montoursville a year or so ago but, I've never been there. I'll have to check it out!

20. Norm

Norm New Member

State:
    Freeport, IL
    I like Gander Mountain for things I can't get at Wally World or Farm & Fleet. WW and F&F are cheaper though. Getting good reels, and circle hooks, which I can't find at WW or F&F. They have much larger selections of everything.