Gander Mountain Guide Series Rods?

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Review' started by PaJay-p, Oct 24, 2009.

1. PaJay-p

PaJay-p Guest

Anybody ever use one or know anything about them? I got two yesterday 7' heavy action for $30 for both.I was checking them out with different weights on them and they seem to equal almost any other rods I have.

2. BenNewt

BenNewt New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    A buddy of mine got in a serious car accident on route to a fishing trip. He totalled his truck, boat, and wrecked most of his fishing gear--all his rods were broken in multiple times. A couple of his rods were St. Croix and the rest were Guide Series. He called the St. Croix rod company and explained his situation and they said they wouldn't replace any of the rods (which really seems reasonable to me, as the rods broke not because they were faulty in any way...). He then took his Guide Series rods into a Gander Mountain and explained his situation and they replaced all of the GS rods at no cost. This is amazing to me, and I've bought a few GS rods myself since then. I think they're pretty decent rods for the cost and I haven't broken any...I just wish they had a catfish series....:wink:

3. PaJay-p

PaJay-p Guest

Thanks Ben.That's one vote for keeping them.:wink:

4. waynesburgjay

waynesburgjay New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    I bought a guide series for crappie and it broke at the tip...not once but twice. Don't think I'll buy another.

5. PaJay-p

PaJay-p Guest

Thanks Jay. That's one vote to keep and one to resell and try to make a couple bucks:wink:

6. Cuda

Cuda Active Member

State:
    Iowa
    Name:
    Mike
    What line # are they rated for and lure weight??

7. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    Jay, I have four Guide Series rods that I use for catfish and striper's. Never had any problem with them at all.

8. rjb

rjb New Member

State:
    mo
    good thread

9. PaJay-p

PaJay-p Guest

Line # is 12 - 30, and the lure weight is 5/8 to 3