Game Day Traditions

Discussion in 'NFL Talk' started by catchinghogs, Sep 26, 2009.

1. catchinghogs

catchinghogs Well-Known Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    What are your game day traditions? Does anyone have any traditions for the game? We always have a pot roast with all the fixins for dinner and Steeler cupcakes for desert. And a must is wearing the Lambert jersey.

2. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali

3. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    I usually hit the grocery store in the morning which is cool cause everyone is wearing Steelers gear! :cool2: I buy up some wings and snacks for the game. Back at home our Steeler flags are always flying outside, we all have our Steeler jerseys on and just hang out, have a few cold ones and get ready to cheer on the black n gold! :big_smile: Here We Go Steelers!!! :cool2: :cool2: :cool2:

4. JoeDaCatKing

JoeDaCatKing New Member

State:
    PA
    I make a voodoo doll of whoever QB is opposing Payton and stab it mercilessly throughout the game.

5. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    Every sunday from September to February, I usually go to church in the morning and then head over to my uncles house. There my cousins and other uncles gather and root for the Eagles while I, alone, root against them.

Everyone brings food and all we do is eat, watch, and bet on football!:wink:

Almost as fun as fishing!:cool2:

6. waynesburgjay

waynesburgjay New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    I always try and make a big breakfast on Sunday and some food for the game. Gonna do some hot wings today.

7. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Just cracked open a beer:smile2: 9:30 am but the 49er game starts at 10am. I am getting an early start:wink:

8. catchinghogs

catchinghogs Well-Known Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    I forgot the beer just put some in the freezer:wink:. My daughter says i like to drink at yell at the TV:smile2:

9. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Forgot the beer:eek:oooh: Hurry! Before it's too late:smile2:

10. kyleco55

kyleco55 Well-Known Member

State:
    Central In
    well you have to have some excuse for being a steelers fan
    :smile2:

11. Catpaw

Catpaw Well-Known Member

State:
    Central Cail
    Name:
    James
    When it was game day for the Niner's :wink: The feast was on ..We would grill up quail and dove breast stuffed with hot pepper's wrapped in bacon ...duck and pheasent with a garlic lemon infused baste and ribeye steak's along with grilled corn on the cob ranch style beans and grilled sour dough bread ....And case's and case's and case's of beer :eek:oooh: Not bad for of a meal but there was only four of us lmao And all that beer made you forget why you was there in the first place!!!!!!!

12. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Now that sounded like a feast!:wink:

13. Fletchhunter

Fletchhunter New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I always have friends over for food, football, and buds, yesterday we fryed up a big batch of catfish and homemade jalapeno poppers:cool2:

14. readingcatfisher

readingcatfisher New Member

State:
    Berks coun
    You gotta start releasin them catfish get a picture and release them,please:sad2:

15. Fletchhunter

Fletchhunter New Member

State:
    Indiana
    There are plenty of catfish around here, just like any other wildlife, got to take some now and then to keep from over population. I don't keep anything over 6 or 7 lbs

16. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    Depends on which games we get. Someone usually comes by to watch the game. Mostly boys that grew up with my kids. They all in their mid to late 20’s now.

We got a 14 x 30 porch with TV on back wall. Wood burning stove in the middle. That’s where we watch the games . keep the boys out of the house. LOL
    Will burn a cord of wood during football season.

They talk stuff, throw the football around in yard for couple hours before game starts. I old man around throwing logs on the fire.

My Son always has his Brady shirt on. LOL. Depends on which games we get, could be a couple folks or 15. Sometimes I sit there alone. LOL. As the season moves along, it gets louder. Pats, cowboys, colts, giants, saints , Bret F LOL . brings a crowd. Got a mix of fans . Cowboys, Pats is at the top but Its all good. This Monday will bring in the boys. Brett and Greenbay game.

We grill something, make a pot of stew or chili. I’m in charge of the BBQ brew crew . LOL . on game day, relax, have a beer if grandkids are not here. This Sunday we got Cajun season chicken halfs going on the grill. Big pot of greens.

Fall football. :cool2: