Gamakatsu question?

Discussion in 'Terminal Tackle Review' started by Rottdog, Mar 22, 2007.

1. Rottdog

Rottdog New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Hello everyone,
    I was wandering if anyone could help me. I was looking at catfishconnection at hooks. I noticed that Gamakatsu doesn't advertise Kahle's but I did find a hook called Gamakatsu Wide Gap that looks a lot like a Kahle. Is this Gama's version of the Kahle? If so I was wandering if anyone has used this particular hook and what they thought of it?

Again thank you to anyone who takes the time to help me out with this question,
    Garrett

2. JAYNC

JAYNC New Member

State:
    Newport N.C.
    regular gamakatsu octopus hooks are wide enough for me and I use 10-12" or bigger live bait. I use anywhere from 7/0- 12/0 depending on the size bait.

3. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Only gamos I use are the wide gap worm hooks for bass, thay're stickers tho

4. copycat

copycat New Member

State:
    New Jersey
    Yes, they are the same as Kahles. The only thing you need to worry about is that they are not meant for very strong, heavy fish as they are thin. In my parts we call em Flounder hooks. That hook is widely used in the bays here for flounder and weak fish rigs. I wish Gama made those "big river" hooks in 6/0 or 8/0 size though.

5. JAYNC

JAYNC New Member

State:
    Newport N.C.
    the regular octopus is more than wide enough, I have very good hook ups and most of the time its either in the corner of the mouth and they are so sharp that I have hooked fish right through the upper pallet of their mouth.