Gamakatsu Circles and Octopus Circles?

Discussion in 'Terminal Tackle Review' started by Rottdog, Feb 28, 2007.

1. Rottdog

Rottdog New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Hello everyone as I broaden my knowledge here in the brotherhood, I seem to find more and more questions. Today's question what is the difference between Gamakatsu Circles and Gamakatsu Octopus Circles?

Thank you for your continued support,
    Garrett

2. KingCatBrad

KingCatBrad New Member

State:
    Duncan, Oklaho
    That is a good Question Garrett. I would like to know that also. At my local walmart we only have the Gamakatsu Octopus Circles hooks. Are they beter than the reg. circle hooks?

3. rockbass

rockbass New Member

State:
    Ohio
    My advice is to look up pictures. It would be easier to see the difference than to try to explain it to you.

go to www.catfishconnection.com

Look up the hooks to see the difference. Hope it helps:cool2:

4. SkiMax

SkiMax New Member

State:
    Rising Sun, IN
    The Octopus is NOT a circle hook. It is more of a J hook with an offset eye. The octupus circle hook is, obviously, a circle hook. they are fished different and I use them both in different situations, hope this helps.

5. KingCatBrad

KingCatBrad New Member

State:
    Duncan, Oklaho
    Ok I have found the answer (I think I did anywaz). The only diff. I can see between Gamakatsu Octopus Circle hooks and Gamakatsu Circle hooks is that the Gamakatsu Octopus Circle hook has an off-set eye were the plain Gamakatsu Circle hook has an straight eye. Now which one would be the beter choice????? Off-Set Or Straight?

6. BAM

BAM New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I have both styles, and both have a upturned eye, which is designed to snell and keep a straight pull on the hook. Both style's work great, if used as intended. Set the hook on the octopus hook, let the rod load up or use a slight sweeping motion on the octopus circle ( fish has to be swimming away from you) for a circle hook to work as designed.

7. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
  8. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
  9. BigCatDreaming

BigCatDreaming New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Either way they are both good quality hooks to be used for catfishing.

10. copycat

copycat New Member

State:
    New Jersey
    Gama Octopus circles are the same hook only they have a "offset shank". I have used both styles and they both work just fine.