Gamakatsu Circle Hooks/line Set-up

Discussion in 'Terminal Tackle Review' started by HARVRAD2003, May 13, 2006.

1. HARVRAD2003

HARVRAD2003 New Member

State:
    ILLINOIS
    Are these hooks O.K. to use for using live bluegill or cutbait. I thought about getting a few of these (quite a few) for this weekend at REND LAKE. Also what is the best way to rig a line set up to fish at night for big cats in a LAKE, don't have any big bobbers.

2. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    They work fine for me, but dont go anything less that 8/0 when using live bluegills. Gills about 5 inches and less work the best. Creek chubs work just as good.

I use a slip sinker rig with a mono leader no longer than 12 inches. 2-4oz no roll sinker, (because I fish rivers). You should be ok to use a lighter weight sinker when fishing ponds and lakes. 30 or 40 lb Berkley Big Game line.

3. btmfdr

btmfdr New Member

State:
    missouri
    i use them with live bait works great. if you have the octopus circles make sure you snell them

4. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    It's what I use 99% of the time on the river. Only time I use something different is when I go to a smaller hook to match the bait size.

5. FordTruckGuySTX

FordTruckGuySTX New Member

State:
    Caryville, TN
    I've been using 6/0s on my Bluegill rigs with bluegills being an inch or two bigger than my hand, the gamas are retardedly strong and I've yet to find use for anything over the 6/0 even though i pack heavier in the bag

6. Dragger

Dragger New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Thats all i ever use, drift fishing, cut bait and live bait......

7. kurt

kurt New Member

State:
    ohio
    These are all ill use. I like the 10/0 octopus hooks. If you want to drop the dime the 12/0 big river hooks are the best in my opinion, but are 6$ for 3 hooks.

8. gadzooks

gadzooks New Member

State:
    Kingwood, Tx (Houston)
    VMC also makes good circles and they are usually cheaper than the Gammies. Seem to work just as well.