Gamakatsu Big River Bait Hook

Discussion in 'Terminal Tackle Review' started by TxRiverman, Jun 8, 2006.

1. TxRiverman

TxRiverman New Member

State:
    Lockhart Tx
    Are these hooks all that practical? I mean they are HUGE! I guess it would depend on what size of bait your using,but i just wanted to know what you guys thought of them.

2. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I have some and I doubt I use them, just because they are so big..Now if there were tons of 80-lb fish in my waters I would use them for sure.

3. Catfishhunter

Catfishhunter New Member

State:
    Lanesville, In.
    Aaron, I mainly use them for large skipjack heads and gut pockets...

4. FishMan

FishMan New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I use them. cats are not line or hook shy. if there is something they want to eat they such it in. They hold live bait very well.

5. catfishkatmando

catfishkatmando New Member

State:
    Salem, WV.
    I had one on a big blue gill with a throw line and a big snake ate them both and the hook was coming out the snakes bely.

SEE YOU ON THE FISH BANK AT THE NATIONAL GATHERING

6. catchinghogs

catchinghogs Well-Known Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    I have these hooks but im waitng to use them in july when i start throwing out my real big baits suckers up to 14 inches and live trout.

7. worm

worm New Member

State:
    missouri
    i use them for large carp heads and sides when it gets really hot

8. kurt

kurt New Member

State:
    ohio
    these are all we will use. They are super sharp, and strong. Also we have caught cats as small as 7 pounds , and as large as 53#. The only drawback is the price, but it you snag one there is a good chance of getting it out because this hook wont bend and 60# trilene big game just wont break.

9. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Theres several folks that swear by them on the board. Like mentioned already. If ya are usein them big baits and targetting them big fish its the way to go. Besides, Gama IMO makes the sharpest hook out there.

10. slipbobber

slipbobber New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    i use the 10/0 size on the ohio and some on the kanwha i love them, had a couple of nice fellars give me some awhile back....