Gama 8/0 octopus circles

Discussion in 'Terminal Tackle Review' started by whisker_chaser, Jul 19, 2007.

1. whisker_chaser

whisker_chaser New Member

State:
    Missouri
    These are my favorite hooks. I have had a few straightened on set lines though. I called Gama and asked if they made a larger hook in this variety. They dont but the rep said that was in the works. He said that I was about the fifteenth guy that had called wanting those. Hopefully they will come out with a 9s and 10s at least. Just thought that I would pass that on to you gama lovers out there.

2. duxsrus

duxsrus New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    That's good to know!!! I too have been wishing they would come out with a larger circle for a long time. Hopefully we'll see them sooner than later. :smile2:

3. Cheez

Cheez New Member

State:
    Trion,GA
    Guys I too was a Gamma fan at least untill I bought some Owner circles. They are very similar to the Gammas but have a longer cutting point and are much sharper. They also come in 9/0 and 10/0. Give them a try and they will make you a believer. They also make a 4X strong version that I do not believe a catfish alive can straighten.

Cheez

4. ilkeeper1965

ilkeeper1965 New Member

State:
    il.
    Thanks, I was also hoping that the would bring out the larger hooks.

5. PhillyCatcatcher4

PhillyCatcatcher4 New Member

State:
    S.W.Phila.,Penn.
    I also like to use Owner Circle Hooks. Those needle points are very sharp & rarely disapoint me when I use them.:0a22:

6. whisker_chaser

State:
    Missouri
    Where could I get some of the owner 9s or 10s 4X or not online? Thanks guys, and bouncing rod tips to all.
    Ben

7. Cheez

Cheez New Member

State:
    Trion,GA
    Ben, Cabela's is where I got mine but I think BPS has them too.

Cheez

8. PhillyCatcatcher4

State:
    S.W.Phila.,Penn.
    Both of those places carry the OWNER brand.:0a23:

9. deerhunter4

deerhunter4 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Thank You for bringing this to the table...I will have to try them hooks cheez

10. neal

neal New Member

State:
    ky.
    I use owner ssw circle hooks 10/0 black chrome finish. They are real sharp right out of the package. They are also big enough to use large bait with. I like em.

11. duxsrus

duxsrus New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Are these Owners you guys are talking about the "SSW Circles"? BPS doesn't seem to have the "Light Circles" in the bigger sizes, and the SSW's are over a buck a piece for the 10/0's.

12. PhillyCatcatcher4

State:
    S.W.Phila.,Penn.
    You have to pay to play brother :smile2: :wink: :0a23:

13. whisker_chaser

State:
    Missouri
    I love the gamas,they are extremely sharp. Plus the diameter of the shaft is small enough that baits live a long time on them vs. most of the other circle hooks on the market. But maybe these owners are slender yet stronger I dont know???? I have paid $1 a piece for hooks in the past and looking back on it I think it was not a wise decision. But, I am always trying something new so I might give them a whirl.

14. Cheez

Cheez New Member

State:
    Trion,GA
    That's what they are Dave. $3.95 for 3 but I got mine from Cabels's. They are high but I believe they are worth it.

Cheez

15. PhillyCatcatcher4

State:
    S.W.Phila.,Penn.
    I like the SSW hooks alot also. The largest size that I've used is only 8/O though.To me they are the best circles out there.:0a23: