Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner

Gallitan steam plant

756 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  cumberlandcat 
#1 ·
Anyone been out to the steam plant lately I was thinkin about going this weekend. I would think there might be a few skips moving into there now.

#3 ·
I wish I could report catching a flatty. That will be my next target for a first and PB. :tounge_out: I've never even been flatty fishing, but I was reading up on them last night. Seems this is a good time of year. Now I just need to find some good waters to fish. Do you think they pretty much can be caught on any of the big rivers (Cumberland/Tennessee), or should I be heading up to Nashville?

#5 ·
I'm sorry Chris but if I get as sick as I was the only time I have been to Gallitan I don't care to go there again.I went there for my job and only worked a half a shift before got sick.It was the worst case of food posisoning I ever heard of that didn't kill somebody,I was sick in my motel room for 3 days before I give up and called my wife and ask her to please come get me and take me home to Mississippi,then after I got home I was sick for 2 more weeks.

#6 ·
Are you thinking it was from the plant. Tn catfisher I would say tn river and the cumberland are good places to start. There are around but like any other fish your gonna have to put some TOW. WEll goo fishing to ya and if you are going to go around here pm me and I try and go.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.