Gallitan steam plant

Discussion in 'LOCAL TENNESSEE TALK' started by cumberlandcat, Oct 30, 2006.

1. cumberlandcat

cumberlandcat Active Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I have been thinkin about hittin the gallitan steam plant up one of these days but the water is so shallow around it and I haven't heard much about any biguns comin outa ther haven't fished it much. On the other side of the river the channel is like 60 to 75 feet deep so i have thought about fishin it this winter.

2. channelcathunter64

channelcathunter64 New Member

State:
    tennessee
    my dad fished the steam plant for 20 years and never caught a single cat, but he caught huge rockfish. He did mention some people catching small channels on cut bait.And for the record its Gallatin not Gallitan

3. cumberlandcat

State:
    Tennessee
    Alright, thanks for the input smart a . I have heard a few talk about it , but never seen any proof. I heard people talkin about huge flats coming outa there, don't know but prob not go to try it again never had any luck.

4. master_cat

master_cat New Member

State:
    tennessee
    this summer we cought 2 30 pound pluse flats and so many round 10 and 15 pounds i caint even count theres a system to doin it and if you learn how to fish it the steam plant is verry good i havnt had much luck around the relly deep water past the island but go up river past the river barges and watch the sonar the water comes up to about 20 foot then drops to 40 under water island iv herd of good blues coming off there hope this helps

5. cumberlandcat

State:
    Tennessee
    Thanks I am glad to here somebody has caught a fish out there.