Gallatin Steam Plant

Discussion in 'TENNESSEE LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by petersoutcats, Mar 3, 2007.

1. petersoutcats

petersoutcats New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Heading to Old Hickory in the morning. Hope to catch some bait.
    Any one know if there hitting at the steam plant yet?

2. cumberlandcat

cumberlandcat Active Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I hit the river all week old hickory lake, I went to dover, I went to cumberland city, Some boat launch way out past gallitan, The water is really really high and there has been crap and logs floatin everwhere all week. So my advise is to sit in the garage all day and think about fishing, it was a rough week on ther water. Yesterday there was 3 foot plus rollers on the river and it wasn't fun.

3. petersoutcats

petersoutcats New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I cought 6 skippies in about 2 hrs, first thing in the morning.
    Big boys about 14" each, feeding on the small minows that were in there.
    I went to the other side or the river, no luck on cats but saw a guy next to me catch a 30 lb plus stripper

4. roofer1

roofer1 New Member

State:
    TENNESSEE
    have you been back down there? me and my dad have been thinking about going to the gallatin steam plant for a while now for baitfishing and catfishing.

5. cumberlandcat

cumberlandcat Active Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I haven't but have been to old hickory dam a lot lately and the skips are far and few between

6. roofer1

roofer1 New Member

State:
    TENNESSEE
    my dads been to the dam lately just looking around and said he ddint see much going on. we're thinking about going to fish the steam plant for the first time tomorrow hopefully there'll be a good report. thanks.

7. roofer1

roofer1 New Member

State:
    TENNESSEE
    we went yesterday to the gallatin steam plant for the first time. took the boat up in there and caught about 15 skipjack. didnt do too well on the cats only 1 channel about 5 lbs. i'd like to learn more about it, but it was good just to get out in that nice weather.

8. petersoutcats

petersoutcats New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Good job Jesse
    skips are bitting, and the cats are there, you just have to find them.
    I could not get a catfish bite all afternoon last thursday.I'll try again real soon I hope.:wink:

9. xmannt

xmannt New Member

State:
    TN
    So how were the fish biting?

10. blkhawkdwn

blkhawkdwn New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    can you guys pm me the directions to the gallatin steam plant. I will be coming from Clarksville. the steam plant in cumberland isn't generation any flow right now which has messed up the fishing there would love to get a few skipps

11. petersoutcats

petersoutcats New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Ula:
    Hook over to I 65, take the Vietnam Vets. Blv. heading to Gallatin
    just before downtown Gallatin take 109 south , stay on 109 south/Nashville: (Just before the bridge that crosses Old Hickory lake) take a left at odom bend road. There is a boat launch 1/8 mile. head up stream about 2 miles look for the smoke stack on your left. For skips tie together 3 white or yellow small jigs (I like glitter white) about 8" apart cast out in the steam plant channel and hookem.