Gallatin Steam Plant questions

Discussion in 'TENNESSEE LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by 01ssrms, Jul 9, 2009.

1. 01ssrms

01ssrms New Member

State:
    TN
    Hey BoC,

New to the Gallatin area and found the site the other day. Already paid dividends when I switched to cut skip and caught a PB catfish and my first blue the other day below OH dam. Only 15lbs, but was still bigger than I am used to.

I have read several posts about fishing near the Steam plant so I drove up there to check it out. Is it boat only or bank also? I'm a banker for now until I can convince the wife otherwise. Where do you guys go up there? The only access I could find was at the boat ramp before you get to the plant. Is it a park and walk to a place kinda deal? That is fine by me, just looking for help on where to go.

Any help is appreciated and see ya on the water.

2. lforet2002

lforet2002 Well-Known Member

State:
    Tennessee
    It is only accessible by boat..They use to allow people directly on the plant property to fish but 9-11 put an end to that..

3. cumberlandcat

cumberlandcat New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    By flippers boat ramp there's the 109 bridge, I have a buddy who walks under that and fishes those bluffs. And out from the cages bend boat access is a good hole if you can cast out a ways. I have another buddy who fishes there quite a bit.

4. lforet2002

lforet2002 Well-Known Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Wonder where??My buddy said he went down that way by the bridge and there were no trespassing signs all over the place..