Gallatin Skipjacks

Discussion in 'LOCAL TENNESSEE TALK' started by ironcat, Jan 22, 2008.

1. ironcat

ironcat New Member

State:
    indiana
    Blazerjet and I went down to the Gallatin Steamplant and ended up with a total of 416 skipjack. I arrived on friday morning and blazerjet already had his livewell full of them. Catfishing was not the greatest but we still managed to catch a few small channels. I ended up catching two stripers in the boils on saturday morning a 4 pounder and a 7 pounder. We went to Old hickory dam and had no luck. Hopefully we'll make it back down their soon. We fished every deep hole, ledge, flats, and barges.We just couldn't find the big cats. I know their there maybe the extreme cold and wind turned them off. O well least we have 416 vacumed packed skippies. IRONCAT

2. TN-CATFISHER

TN-CATFISHER New Member

State:
    Cannon County, Middle TN
    Well, at least you got bait for a few years now :wink:

3. cumberlandcat

cumberlandcat New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Hey now be easy on my skip jack populations or I may have to sink your boat.

4. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    I am too lazy to look at a map............Where is the Galatin steam plant?

5. petersoutcats

petersoutcats New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    John I'm glade you caught a boat load of bait, and your trip was worth wile, welcome to TN.
    Thanks for the report.

6. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    Welcome to the BOC, John!

7. blazerjet

blazerjet New Member

State:
    indiana
    Nice time in tenn thanks guys. Sorry cumberland cat didnt know that them skip belonged to you.. Too the rest of you at the mouth early morning use a road runner white grub. Med to fast retrive when they hit jerk hard. I was catching 3 at a time.. BIg skip fun to catch great bait great times.