Galla Creek Watershed in Arkansas

Discussion in 'ARKANSAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by Galla Creek Arky, Apr 3, 2009.

1. Galla Creek Arky

Galla Creek Arky New Member

State:
    arkansas
    Has any of you guys or gals ever fished galla lake for flatheads or any other species? If so what kind of bait did you use?

Larry

2. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    Quite a few years back I heard that they were catching blues from the bank, so I gave it a couple or three tries, using shad for bait. Didn't catch a fish. The spot where they were supposed to be catching them was just above the dam, on the far side from where you drive in.
    I never got a chance to try it, but the best looking spot I ever saw for flatheads was on Galla Creek, probably half a mile or a mile above where it enters the Arkansas. There is (or was) an old wooden bridge over the creek right there, and all kinds of logs and stumps above and below the bridge. It's one of those places where there's no 'playing' the fish. I'll have to give directions to the bridge like you're coming from Atkins, because that's the way I know. Go out like you're going to Lucky Landing on Lake Atkins. When you turn right on River Road, you'll see the spillway road to your right, and a levy to your left. Drive up on top of the levy and follow it toward the river. Just before the levy ends, you'll see a little field on your right; there used to be a dirt trail off the levy and around the field. The bridge is on the far side of the little field. Another way is to continue on River Road and watch for a big field on your left while you're in a big left hand curve. There used to be a dirt road across the field to the bridge, but was sometimes closed by a gate.

3. Galla Creek Arky

State:
    arkansas
  4. coachmatthowell

coachmatthowell New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    Larry, I know me and you caught some good ones there a couple summers ago and I am ready to get back on em. Those blues we caught were some beauties!

Matt

Attached Files:

5. Galla Creek Arky

State:
    arkansas
    Yea, I wish we would have weighed those 4 fish. I know it was a load for those ZEBCO 808 reels.

Larry

6. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    Coachmatt, what town are you from?

7. coachmatthowell

State:
    Arkansas
    I am from mansfield which is just north of lake Hinkle and southwest of lake Dardanelle.

8. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    coach matt I would like to invite yo to attend the Degray gathering, will be fun, lot of door prizes,meet some of the best people in the world.

9. coachmatthowell

State:
    Arkansas
    I appreciate the invite. I will have to see if I can make it.
    Thank you