GA.STATE RECORD, 75LB BLUECAT

Discussion in 'LOCAL GEORGIA TALK' started by catfish75, Aug 20, 2008.

1. catfish75

catfish75 New Member

State:
    ga
    I was fishing on christmas eve on our lake, it was cold and damp, so my mom made me come in. Before I did I threw my line in our lake and brought my rod up on the back deck and sat it behind the rail. About 10:00 pm I heard a big thump and went out and my rod was going over the rail. My fishing line was stripped. I grabbed the rod and yelled for my mom. I walked it down to the lake [ about 75 yards ] reeling in at the same time. I knew I had something big, when it pulled out I'd let off the drag. I was using 35lb test line. I fought it for about 30min. When I got it to the bank I couldn't believe how big it was. I had to get my brother to help me get it out of the lake. I used "chile w/ jalapenos, manwich sauce, red kidney beans and catfishbait. I stuffed it in one of mom's pantyhose [ which she wasn't to happy about ]:smile2: Turned out to be a 75lb bluecat and the new GA state record. Was in AJC, in Atlanta, Lonestaroutdoornews, Chattanoogan, Effingham Herald, did a radio talk interview in Nenwan, GA. I received the angler award and the state record award from DNR, was in GON met a lot of neat people online. It's been a big deal where I live. It was caught in an 18-acre private lake, very rare here. Took DNR about 6-months of research to determine it grew up in our lake. They did a great job. I'm 15-years old and have been fishing since i was 2 thanks to my MOM.

Moderator's Note: Here is an article for anyone that is interested:

http://www.thepostsearchlight.com/s...9799524&BRD=2068&PAG=461&dept_id=387471&rfi=6

2. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Congratulations, Tyler! QUITE an accomplishment for you! Keep at it and you may break your OWN record!
    Bill in SC

3. Fishmaster1203

Fishmaster1203 New Member

State:
    PA
    Great catch Tyler! I'm glad the DNR finally confirmed it for you. Everybody, including myself, dreams about catching one that big. Great job!

4. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Congrats to you. 15 yrs. old and you got a state record. COOL!!!!!

5. waynesburgjay

waynesburgjay New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    Congrats and welcome to the BOC!

6. Salty1

Salty1 New Member

State:
    Mt. Washington, Ky.
    Congrats to you young man !!!!! Many adults go a lifetime trying to accomplish what you have done. Was this beast returned to the water ?????

7. uttatoo

uttatoo New Member

State:
    greatbend kansas
    wow and nice pictures i bet he gave you a fight

oh yeah welcome to the boc

8. jafacman

jafacman New Member

State:
    byron (macon area)georgia
    Way to go :0a12:

9. germanmudfish

germanmudfish New Member

State:
    Gray, GA
    Great catfish. Congratulations Tyler. I am soooo jealous.:smile2:

10. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Great job and great fish, congrats and good luck in the future.

11. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
    congrats you the man:cool2:

12. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    congrats on a huge fish, I saw it posted on here a while back, now we know who the kid was that caught it, cool.....welcome to the boc btw

13. bumper

bumper New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Congratulations Tyler, that's a monster fish.