ga. gathering

Discussion in 'LOCAL GEORGIA TALK' started by flatheadslayer, Nov 10, 2009.

1. flatheadslayer

flatheadslayer New Member

State:
    Thomaston, Geor
    i was just wondering if theres any new news on the next ga. gathering.i know coosa was being talked about,which would work for me.and highfalls,i've fished a lot,good fish but small lake,and 9.9 hp restriction and no night fishing on lake,i would'nt recommend highfalls.and someone mentioned blackshear another good choice.i say coosa.is there any more talk or has it died out?:embarassed:

2. katmax

katmax New Member

State:
    griffin ga
    never fished the coosa...but would like to..maybe this will get the talk going again..:wink:

3. catwhisper

catwhisper New Member

State:
    georgia
    i'll try to make it. depends when! is coosa a river or lake?

4. catfish1083

catfish1083 New Member

State:
    georgia
    the coosa is a river that runs through rome ga into lake weiss in al

5. flatheadslayer

State:
    Thomaston, Geor
    it's a river royce.there was talk of a gathering,then it just died.thought it would be nice to try to fire the talks back up.i'm fairly new but i'll do what i can to get this thing together.

6. yellingrebel78

yellingrebel78 New Member

State:
    georgia
    Yeah the coosa is a good river to fish in I fish it alot and it's deep yall would like it alot and at the lock and dam is a good camp ground there got bath houses. There is tent campsite and camper sites not for sure the prices right off .But I can find out any info that I can if anybody wants.

7. katmax

katmax New Member

State:
    griffin ga
    can you get the name of the camp site? .....or maybe someone else knows it...:wink:

8. katmax

katmax New Member

State:
    griffin ga
    we are going to have a hard time coming up with a date with all the tounerments we have...lol.....:smile2:

9. yellingrebel78

State:
    georgia
  10. catwhisper

catwhisper New Member

State:
    georgia
    I'm sure it is a great place but i would like to see it closer to the middle of ga. give us southern boys a little help.

11. Creteus

Creteus New Member

State:
    Loganville, GA
    Heres my take. We did 2 at Oconee, 2 all the way down at the Altamaha, and1 at West Point. The Coosas got my vote this year. I'm not a big fan of Blackshear because of all the gnats that are down there.

12. flatheadslayer

State:
    Thomaston, Geor
    i just hope we can hash something out,i just want this thing to happen.i'm pretty central so to me location isn't that bigga deal.but i know what your sayin' royce.matt don't like the gnats,i'm use to them though,so they would'nt bother me,but my wife hatesem.i'm good either place,keep hashing.

13. r ward

r ward New Member

State:
    Kathleen G
    Juliette is a good lake 25 hp limit nice campground no skiing or jetskies

14. yellingrebel78

State:
    georgia
    the only problem is alot of folks have larger motors than that so they wouldn't be able to run there motors. i don't cre were as long no motor restrictions and to far off because I might have a problem going then

15. flatheadslayer

State:
    Thomaston, Geor
    i dont have a problem with juliette as far as a gathering goes,but as far as the catfishing i dont like it.coosa,blackshear,seminole all good and great fishin to boot.

16. katmax

katmax New Member

State:
    griffin ga
    dont matter to me.:eek:oooh:

17. catfish1083

catfish1083 New Member

State:
    georgia
  18. catwhisper

catwhisper New Member

State:
    georgia
    I'm with the majority. I'm gonna enjoy myself whereever i am.:big_smile::006::004::0a22:. the four F's (Fishing, Food and Fellowship = Fun)!!!!!!!!!!

19. flatheadslayer

State:
    Thomaston, Geor
  20. katmax

katmax New Member

State:
    griffin ga
    now we need to have a date......something else to hash out...lol...:roll_eyes: