GA Gathering..need a little info

Discussion in 'LOCAL GEORGIA TALK' started by Catnewb101, Aug 17, 2006.

1. Catnewb101

Catnewb101 New Member

State:
    Marietta, Georgia
    When will this GA gathering be? cause that i can probly make it to. of course...if the drive is in range....and if my keep my grades up.... but anyway just more importantly, what time area will it be in..winter spring u get the point.:crazy:

2. r ward

r ward New Member

State:
    Kathleen G
    hey jeff next years gathering has not been planned but we will start toss ideas around sometime after the national come on up to it

3. Catnewb101

Catnewb101 New Member

State:
    Marietta, Georgia
    wish i can but im busieer than ever!!! anyways ive got some ideas on where to put it

4. Creteus

Creteus New Member

State:
    Loganville, GA
    Richard, You're the georgia representative:big_smile: elected counsel. Lets get it planned and get some more people to show up, some how:0a28: . Bigger better and more fishier

5. catfishtonyd

catfishtonyd New Member

State:
    georgia
    I would like to attend the next Georgia gathering where ever it may be.

6. guns sugar

guns sugar New Member

State:
    Georgia
    I'd also like to know when the GA gathering will be... hubby and i would love to check it out and visit with u all.. we are up north of Blairsville near Lake Nottely.... will be checkin for a date and place... thanks!

7. r ward

r ward New Member

State:
    Kathleen G
    As soon as we hear about the next national gathering will atart some ideas about the Ga gathering while we are at it we need to get are Ga group growing bigger so get new people in

8. r ward

r ward New Member

State:
    Kathleen G
    Hey Cretus what is this we can all toss in ideas and then agree

9. Creteus

Creteus New Member

State:
    Loganville, GA
    Just giving you a hard time richard:big_smile: . I'm just along for the ride.

10. r ward

r ward New Member

State:
    Kathleen G
    Kinda what I figured but I would like to throw out the idea of Altamaha again for the next Ga if all can agree maybe get Gator to help us with the exact site cause him and Paul are real familiar with that river just an idea like I said we can discuss more details after the National is planned for next year

11. BamaCats

BamaCats Member

State:
    Alabama
    hey Richard i would love to make it to the next GA gathering, if you guys have it at the same spot you have it last time. I know ti would go a long ways to establshing GA AL realtions since we always beat yall in football :lol: :lol: but seriously just let me know and i will do my best to be there.

12. r ward

r ward New Member

State:
    Kathleen G
    [The football will be discussed later]Hey Cleve yoou know you are always welcome to a good state ha ha the location and all is still up in air I just want everybody to think about ideas

13. Catnewb101

Catnewb101 New Member

State:
    Marietta, Georgia
    heres a whacky idea but how bout the coosa? there are sturgeons there ya know...not big though
    or we can do this lake on the chatahoochee river called lake bullsluice....i hear its great there. and lets make it winter!!!!!! i love the cold ever so.

14. FishMan

FishMan New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I'll be keepin my eye on you guys. Tennessee is not to far away. Cooler weather sure is nice.

15. Catnewb101

Catnewb101 New Member

State:
    Marietta, Georgia
    ugh u can say that again....the coosa river isnt very far from you... lots of cats and some STURGEONS!!!!!!!!! they get really big....

also for a little more facts on sturgeons on where they live..try Some Salt Marshes...Sturgeons like them for some reason but the record sturgeon for the state is 498 pounds i think and she was with 100 pounds of roe so keep that in mind that Sturgeons are in Georgia..dont know anything else about em though but Georgia Wildlife foundation has increased their concern for the one and only sturgeon....ok people g night have a good one!!!

16. IrishO'Brady

IrishO'Brady New Member

State:
    Ga
    Im gonna try to make it for the Ga gathering... I know you arent going to plan further till after the national gathering but soon as we get some configuration/ location the sooner I can put in for off time lol. Coosa or Altamaha are both excellent catfish waters, Im down for either one! I know this thread is last years but maybe somone can point me in the right direction

17. r ward

r ward New Member

State:
    Kathleen G
    Well Irish just keep on checking cause as soon as we know about the next National we will start planning a Ga gathering for07

18. Creteus

Creteus New Member

State:
    Loganville, GA
    I'm thinking a river would be a good idea. Never had the chance to fish a good cat river. Might be able to learn something from you native fastwater folks:cool2: . Fall temperatures are great too. Waters still warm but the air temperature is more tollerable.

19. r ward

r ward New Member

State:
    Kathleen G
    That is why I was thinking about altamaha again but want to make sure to get all we can there

20. Creteus

Creteus New Member

State:
    Loganville, GA
    I'm all for the altamaha Richard. Anyone have any objections on driving south on the next one?