GA.GATHERING,come and get em!

Discussion in 'LOCAL GEORGIA TALK' started by spinner cat, Sep 24, 2006.

1. spinner cat

spinner cat New Member

State:
    hinesville,georgia
    Hello fellow catters,
    There has been a lot of talk floating around about the GA.gathering being in the Altamaha river.I for one support this idea and here's why,I went fishing friday night and caught the big cat in my avart.This flathead is my personal best ever caught.I caught him on a 310 GTI penn he weighted 31 lbs. on some scales at the camp that were new when Noah was building the ark.I know some of my buddys caught some nice cats but they were trout lining.The fish are here and biting good so come and get em!

Attached Files:

2. r ward

r ward New Member

State:
    Kathleen G
    Hey good looking cat yeah we are seriously considering the altamaha river for the ga gathering

3. spinner cat

spinner cat New Member

State:
    hinesville,georgia
    thanks richard,
    This big flathead makes all those nights fishing till early in the morning worth every second.I have been fishing hard for the last three months and let me tell you it aint always easy.I spent way too much on tackle and boat accessories,sank one of my boats in the worst storm I have got caught in ,and stepped on a very large snake saturday night while tieing my boat at the fish camp,oh yeah and not to forget the 10+ft.gator that felt the need to get a very close look at me while swimming through tom's creek.ALL FOR A TOTAL OF 8 CATFISH WEIGHTING ABOUT 145LBS.
    :big_smile: Cheaper to buy em' but not nearly as much fun.

4. r ward

r ward New Member

State:
    Kathleen G
    If I made a catch like that I would think I had died and gone to heaven

5. catfishtonyd

catfishtonyd New Member

State:
    georgia
    Great cat. It really is nice when you put a lot of work and effort into something and you succeed. If it were me I would be showing it off also. Congrats.

6. spinner cat

spinner cat New Member

State:
    hinesville,georgia
    thanks catfishtonyd,
    The only way this cat would have been better is if I caught it during the last cat tournament.I think the biggest cat weighted was 26 lbs. paying around $8000.00.but I will be ready for the next one.Hey maybe you should try to make the next one. Alot of good fishermen did'nt fish in the last one because they wanted to see how the rules would be applied and after a very good TEST they passed with flying colors and the word has spread like crazy.Not sure if this is something you are into or not but I think it will be great fun.

7. catfisher43

catfisher43 New Member

State:
    missouri
    Congrats on the monster flattie.thx for posting.:cool2:

8. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    Tony, congrats on the catch and welcome to the BOC

9. spinner cat

spinner cat New Member

State:
    hinesville,georgia
    thanks walter,
    looks like you know a little something about getting a big cat yourself.I dont think we have big blues like that here, but the flatties are fatties.I really enjoy this site and all the nice people at BOC.

10. Cuda-Cada

Cuda-Cada Member

State:
    Jacksonville, Fl.
    Spinner cat,
    What part of the Altamaha do you fish? I fished upstream from Altamaha Park last week. I didn't catch anything that trip though. I sometimes fish up around Jesup then other times down by the park depending on the time of year mostly. Coming up this Sat. though.

11. spinner cat

spinner cat New Member

State:
    hinesville,georgia
    hey cuda cada,
    I have fished as far down stream as barrington ferry and upstream to carter's bite. I fish mostly upstream from hughs old river because I know the river better in that area.I have alot of friends that have taken a interest in trying to catch a fattie flattie on a reel and rod so I move around and fish where they fish alot.

12. usmc0208

usmc0208 New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Thats a real nice catch

13. IrishO'Brady

IrishO'Brady New Member

State:
    Ga
    Im usually on big blues, so flatheads will be something pseudo new for me.
    Altmaha sounds great to me, and congrats on the nice fish brother

14. r ward

r ward New Member

State:
    Kathleen G
    I have started a thread in the member gathering section for the Ga gathering that is where we will get some attention we will be planning and such in that section when an exact date is set we can get it on the calender if it is still there and make it all official so let's do it

15. spinner cat

spinner cat New Member

State:
    hinesville,georgia
    thanks chris,
    might have to share some pointers between them blues and flatties .Im sure before too long I will plan a fishing trip where there is more blues than flatties.I know a cat's a cat and its fun to catch them all but it does'nt hurt to see what works for catching the fish in different areas.

16. fishingbuddy4

fishingbuddy4 New Member

State:
    Warner Rob ga
    Great catch tony ,looks like one of our missouri cats

17. spinner cat

spinner cat New Member

State:
    hinesville,georgia
    Thanks Robert,
    I wish they were all this big.Sounds like you guy's have alot of big cats where you are.We have just started fishing for big catfish on rod and reels,and having fun with the challenge of all it takes to catch these monsters.

18. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    Thanks for taking me fishing with your post guys.It is the next best thing to going.I am still hoping to go to a gathering.If I keep getting up at 3 am everyday for every one,I should be able one day to make it.My heart and spirit is surly with each of you every day.peewee-williams

19. catfishtonyd

catfishtonyd New Member

State:
    georgia
    I am just looking forward to seeing the Altamaha River. I live in north georgia. Gainesville to be exact so I fish mainly lake Lanier. My wife and I are going down to Jekyll Island for a few days in mid November and I going to try to spend some time scouting the Altamaha river area. Be nice to see this river. If the gathering is there, I'm going to do my best to be there.

20. spinner cat

spinner cat New Member

State:
    hinesville,georgia
    Hey Pee Wee,
    Glad to hear things are looking good for you and the possibility of making the GA. gathering.I really hope you can make it.I am looking forward to meeting you ,and im sure you have a few good stories of your own to share.I know how you feel about coming on this site and getting excited about fishing.Reading all these post and looking at pic's has kept my boat in the river in search of that fatty flattie,so my friend I dedicate my next big cat to you(PeeWee's catch) until you make it back on the water.