GA DNR on Chattahoochee river

Discussion in 'GEORGIA RIVERS TALK' started by brother hilljack, Jul 26, 2009.

1. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Here is an interesting fact that was given to some BOC members on Saturday night.

MacDaddy, Efrith and myself were in the Camp Grounds at Bluff Creek park prior to our tournament on Saturday night. The Alabama Park Ranger talked with us about catfish within the Chattahoochee. He states that just "last week", GA DNR shocked several holes between bluff creek and riverbend and found/measured at least 50 flathead catfish! Now this is a river that "don't have flatheads"! I don't have any info on sizes, but this is what we were told. It is not uncommon to catch a flathead down here, but they are few and far between. In our tournament last month a man weighed in 5 real nice ones, so I know there are some big ones present in our stretch of river.

2. Ryco10

Ryco10 New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Brother Hilljack just wanted to say great tournament last night. We had a tough time getting bites but had lot of fun meeting everyone and talking with everyone. If you loaded the boat everytime you went it wouldn't be fishing. We caught 2 flatheads last week a little south of River Bend so they are there. Good to meet everyone and look forward to again. :big_smile:

3. brother hilljack

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Clint, it was great to meat you and the boys! Glad you all had fun and I hope you come and fish with us again.

4. catfish1083

catfish1083 New Member

State:
    georgia
    hey clint i dont believe we got a chance to talk but it was great to see another boc member come out and have a good time. i hope you will be joining us again and hopfully join the club for next season.

5. catfish1083

catfish1083 New Member

State:
    georgia
    as for the flats i am glad to know they are there. i know they talk alot of sh!t about those fish eating all the gills but it cant be no worse than the gar, turtles, and gators. i think some people need to watch the lion king and learn about the circle of life lol. sorry i had to vent a little but guess it is because of not catching anything last night lol maybe the gators ate all the catfish lol:smile2:

6. Fishmaster1203

Fishmaster1203 New Member

State:
    PA
    Did they say if they killed them or not?

7. brother hilljack

State:
    Shelbyville, TN

They did not kill them.

8. macdaddy

macdaddy New Member

State:
    GEORGIA
    Well I have to say we got skunked. and all was fair. We changed our game plan and went for the blues. I have all ways been a flathead fisherman. But I figured we we try to target blues in this last tourn. I think we made a big mistake. I think its like fishing west point lake No One fishes the flathead down in the lake they got to be there and no one target blues in the lake. But next tourn. I will be back to my old ways of fishing. and I think I can put fish in the boat again. and well have the right bait next time.

9. catfish1083

catfish1083 New Member

State:
    georgia
    hey dewayne i have always heard go with what ya know. i think we will all do better next time.

10. brother hilljack

State:
    Shelbyville, TN

I really don't think it is anything you guys done wrong. The conditions were extremely tough. I expect the next one will be challenging also. I pray that we get some good rain to get the lakes up. Then Ga power will release more water. Once we get a current, the fishing is going to be excellent.

11. efrith

efrith New Member

State:
    Seale Alabama
    Last week I caught some fish still full of eggs so I think they are still spawning maybe not all of them but some of them.
    We just didn't try hard enough to put fish in the boat:smile2:

12. catfish1083

catfish1083 New Member

State:
    georgia
    yeah we spent to much time chasing gators :smile2::smile2::smile2:

13. efrith

efrith New Member

State:
    Seale Alabama
    :smile2::smile2::smile2:

14. BFrith

BFrith New Member

State:
    Beulah, Alabama
    Hey guys I'm glad of the turn out on hated to miss out on it but just keep on keeping on!

15. brotherknothead

brotherknothead New Member

State:
    Ft Campbell, KY
    Hey, Brother thanks for the info. About another week and I will be down there to enjoy some of that fishing with yall. I hope to fish the tourney on the 15th. I just have to get my boat here. Well, can't wait to meet all the other boc brothers when I get down there. Enjoy.