G5 Montec

Discussion in 'Bowhunting' started by spcmitchell28, Feb 13, 2009.

1. spcmitchell28

spcmitchell28 New Member

State:
    Polo, Missouri
    Has anyone used these Broadheads before? I just bought a pack of them and the practice tips, and I love the way they fly! I am just wondering about the penetration they give and how often I will have to touch up the blades on them.

2. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    Hey TROY! Never tried the G5 series of broadheads, but I have read a book called Technical Bowhunting written by Joe Bell who is an avid bowhunter and knows his stuff about bow technology. Anyhow, his claims about the G5 broadheads are amazing. Many pro hunters use these broadheads with amazing results. The flight characteristics of these braodheads are very accurate and penetration is very good. As far as sharpening the blades, do the rubber band test and see if the blades cut the rubber band when stretched out. A good touch up on the blades should be all they need when a little dull. I would sharpen them any time when you take an animal with them. Always check for nicks or bent blades and replace the blades or head when necessary!!

Good luck with them!!

3. spcmitchell28

spcmitchell28 New Member

State:
    Polo, Missouri
    Thanks for the tip. I was just wanting to see if anyones used them on game, because I have read some reviews that said it wasnt the best for laying down a good blood trail. :crazy: