G3 jet boat

Discussion in 'Boating' started by whisker_chaser, Jun 12, 2007.

1. whisker_chaser

whisker_chaser New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I have a small 14' duracraft jon boat. I use it to catfish a large lake that has a lot of trees sunken and standing. I would like to fish the large rivers too but I am a little worried about my boat being too small for that. A boat dealer in Fulton, MO is offering a G3 jet boat 90 hp 18 ft for 13,500. I know that I will lose a lot of the power. Maybe it will only be the equivalent of a 65hp or so. The postive sides I can see are not having to worry so much about crashing into submerged stumps in this big lake. What do you guys think about these jet boats? I have heard some people say they are the greatest and some people say they hate them. Why do they hate them? Any input would be greatly appreciated as I am considering trading. Thanks again

2. Dave L

Dave L New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    I love mine!
    I had an episode of skimming the top of a couple sunken rocks in a small rapids on the river I fish. Not a problem. A couple of scratches on the hull is all, which is good cause I was about 10 river miles from the landing.
    If you can't see it you probably will not hit it.
    This was in an area where very few boats dare to go, mostly canoes. And the canoes even run into trouble often.
    Did I say I love mine.

3. muleskinner78

muleskinner78 New Member

State:
    missouri
    You will get along fine with the jet boat. I have a bass tracker 185 jet drive, and will take it most places even a airboat wont go. Just keep it out of the moss and weeds, and you will get along just fine.

4. whisker_chaser

whisker_chaser New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I would like to hear anyone's experience or thoughts on this boat and motor.