G & S Cheese Bait Co.

Discussion in 'Fishing Bait Review' started by Believer, Jul 15, 2006.

1. Believer

Believer New Member

State:
    Greenwood, AR.
    Have any of you heard of this company or tried any of their products?
    A friend gave me tub of their dip bait tonight along with a tub of Sonny's. :big_smile: I know the Sonny's is good stuff, but i've never heard of the G & S.

Eric

2. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

Never heard of it. Let us know how it works out for you.

3. PeZ

PeZ New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    never herd of it either tried some hog wild tonight with no luck

4. whitewhiskers

whitewhiskers New Member

State:
    Evansville, Ind
    i've used it but had no luck at all, BUT a buddy says he use's it at a local lake just past the weeds bout 2/3 feet deep at night n slay's the eater size channels

5. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    That was the first dip-bait that I started using (G & S), it also Know as G*** S*** , ( Think about it :roll_eyes: )-(lol) before I started using Wicked Sticky dip-bait.

It's some good dip-bait, but I'm sure that there are some members out there that used it before with good results.
    :0a23:

Take it easy,
    Bert:cool2: & Shaina:0010:

6. Believer

Believer New Member

State:
    Greenwood, AR.
    Thanks Bert, I may try it out tonight.

7. Deltalover

Deltalover New Member

State:
    Tracy Calif
    It's great stuff! Was my first introduction to dip baits! Was very effective for my area. My favorite is wicked sticky but G.S. is just about as good!

8. fishinpals

fishinpals New Member

State:
    Virginia, Illinois
    Worked ok for me. Dip baits usually only catch eaters, Think it is made in Middlegrove, IL up by Farmington. Know a lot of people in Peoria area use it.

9. Georgiajack

Georgiajack New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Never tried it, or even heard of it down here. I just received a gallon of Danny Kings punch bait. Heard about it on this site, and I am giving it a good try in a few days. Good luck on the cheese, and let us know how it did in your area. Take care, Jack. :smile2:

10. Kato Cat

Kato Cat Member

State:
    MN
    G & S cheese bait works well for channel cats in the Minnesota River...

I can't find it locally, but if you do a search you can find it online from some catfish vendors.

They also sell direct, which is how I get mine.

11. Willie Rip

Willie Rip New Member

State:
    Alabama
    So you have to use a dip tube with G&S?

12. BrassFinger

BrassFinger Member

State:
    Illinois
    Yes, it definitely needs something to help it stay on. Frankly, I don't like it at all. It washes off very quickly and I spend more time re-baiting than fishing. It might have just been the batch I had, too. I much prefer either Doc's or Sonny's - at least in the warmer water of summer. I'll try the G&S this spring and it might do better in the cooler water.

Chris

13. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    G&S is the first dip bait I used. Caught lots of fish on it. I like it. The key to using any dip bait is consistency. Mix it as thick as a milk shake it will work for you.