G rides almost complete

Discussion in 'LOCAL CALIFORNIA TALK' started by bluehunter, May 10, 2009.

1. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    Finally got my bimini top and boat cover done. This is some of the upgrades that I been waiting for a while to do. The place that completed the work was American Canvas in Monclair which is near where I keep my boat at in Chino. The cover and top was both custom made and is definitely a better quality and thicker cover compared to the thin cover I had previously. That cover ripped apart and kept on ripping apart as the durability was weak. Both jobs cost a good penny but was something that had to be done. Next job to do is some touch up painting/patching of the boat here and there and some removal of some stickers (Aim Marine does not exist anymore), also some adding of a stereo system and the ride I dubbed the G Ride will be complete. I can not call it the G ride yet until all is completed. LOL. But I am definitely looking forward to big things to come. By the end of the summer all should be in place for the boat and then I can style and profile,:smile2: . So as the saying goes - Big Things A Gwan will be happening soon (also known as big things popping.) Now I can sit out in the shade on those hot sunny days. When everything is done I will put together a vid and slide of the G ride in its completed debue.

Attached Files:

2. Catfish_Commando

Catfish_Commando TF Staff Member

State:
    Georgia
    Looks good Brian!

I really like the way that your boat is setup, plenty of room in the back.

3. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    Thank you very much. I went into this with room in mind. The back room was essential especially when I am fishing the river to allow for ample room for rods in the back and fighting fish. The top is 6 feet tall and I do not have to duck my head when I walk under it. I can not wait to test it out and it is right on time for the summer time.

4. Catpaw

Catpaw Well-Known Member

State:
    Central Cail
    Name:
    James
    Look's great Brian ...Will deff help keep the cali sun at bay lol.

5. janzaldo

janzaldo New Member

State:
    South Gate, Cal
    Looking good buddy. I wish you had that bimini top when we fished the Irvine Tournament with Drew. I got sick that day, but felt better once i cooled off and drank a whole quart of Gatoraid.

Jaime

6. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    Yes I wish I had it that day too. Its been a while coming though the boat essentials are quite a bit, and I am still not done yet. :crazy:

The good things about that trip though was that we came in first and second place. Drew and I could have took the evening off and just waited for the awards later that night. LOL. :big_smile: Definitely looking forward to the Vine season this year. Will be much more comfortable out there.

B

7. janzaldo

janzaldo New Member

State:
    South Gate, Cal
    I caught a nice channel, do you think it was a double digit channel Brian?

Jaime

8. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    It may have been Jaime. Man that was 3 years ago right? Time flies. I know that my boat was brand new than and it was like a few months after I brought it that I took it to the vine. Drew went back to Iowa right? I know last time we talk he was talking about not re-enlisting.

9. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    "Looking Good B"
    "Now I know that the cats don't stand a chance", because the Bluehunter will be on the water & "he'll will be there in comfort". (lol) :0a23:
    :wink:

10. riverbud55

riverbud55 Well-Known Member

State:
    AZ Topock-/CA Riverside
    Name:
    Dale Miller
    looks good blue should keep the sun and rain off of most of you

11. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Brian thanks for sharing the pics of your boat. I like your set up. Nice ride.

12. rrssmith

rrssmith New Member

State:
    Bakersfield
    nice job on the upgrades Brian, I just put a bimini top on mine it is nice to have some shade when the sun is blaring down on ya..

13. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
  14. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    Yea B,
    That top is going to come in handy down at the river. :choler:
    :wink:

15. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    Yeah its going to be ready for the river and also ready for those giant blues to come this fall at Irvine and Otay. Been dreaming about those. :wink:

16. Flatheadhunter33

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    Not to get off the subject but, did anyone see that article in Catfish Insider that had the guide from the Otay area pictured in it? Anybody know how much a guided trip runs out there?

17. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    Do you have the persons name? Was it a catfish guy? My buddy Catmando does guided trips sometimes and I know he is in various magazines as well as In fisherman if that what you are talkng about.

18. CatMan(Cali)

CatMan(Cali) Well-Known Member

State:
    Fresno Californ
    Nice ride Blue. Too bad you couldn't slap some dubs on that thing. I'm sure I'll get an up close and personal when I see y'all in Blythe. Take it easy.

Sean!

19. Flatheadhunter33

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    i will have to look his name up again...he's pictured in the article holding a really big blue cat...

20. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    Thats likely Ronson Smothers he has caught a few giants down there lately. He was in In fisherman a few months ago. He offers guide service but mainly at Irvine Lake. If you want his info let me know we talk often he lives up the hill from me.