FYI

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by r ward, Feb 10, 2008.

1. r ward

r ward New Member

State:
    Kathleen G
    I have just learned a very expensive lesson really two lessons in one
    First check your pockets before you leave for work and put your other clothes in wash
    Second do not wash a cell phone no matter how dirty it is they are DRY CLEAN only LOL
    Oh well I blame my wife she blames me I quess that just goes to show you we all have our moments my conclusion is wash machines and cell phones do work well together

2. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    Dang Rich You mean to tell Me You diden't have the waterproof Model?? LOL. Been there done that.J.D.:big_smile:

3. Dave L

Dave L New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    I hate when that happens!:big_smile:

4. PhillyCatcatcher4

PhillyCatcatcher4 New Member

State:
    S.W.Phila.,Penn.
    Never had the washer get me. But the toilet has claimed a couple of my cellphones.:eek:oooh: I feel your pain.

5. jeremiad

jeremiad Well-Known Member

Name:
    Unspecified
    I'm still trying to convince my wife that if she is going to be so nice as to do the wash five times a week, she ought to at least empty the pockets as well! :after_boom:

6. r ward

r ward New Member

State:
    Kathleen G
    I agree 100 per cent now I backed you will you back me LOL

7. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    that is what signal insurance is for. Get it through the company that provides your phone. $50 deductible is a LOT better than $200 phone

8. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    Yeah, but purely hypothetically if one should happen to go through the wash and another drown in a tragic fishing accident within 1 year of each other you can't get insurance on them for another year. Not speaking from experience, this one guy I know had it happen to him. 2 phones in about 3 months.......My wife, uh, I mean, his wife is STILL giving me, uh, him grief over that.....:embarassed:

9. rspd507

rspd507 New Member

State:
    Rising Sun,IN
    Your right, cell phones wont hold up from a wash but ill tell you what will or at least mine has several times. The wireless key remote entry to my 2000 chevy truck. Believe me its cleaner than clean, been washed numerous times and still kicking. rspd507

10. Reel_Blues

Reel_Blues New Member

State:
    Virginia
    You mean you cant machine wash cell phones.....Maybe thats why no ones calling me lol.

11. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    We've washed a few strange things but never a cell phone. :smile2:

Not necessary for everyone, we've had cell phones for the last 17 years, never had one to stop working. Over the years have had some replacements from upgrades or changing service but old phone was still OK.