FYI Cheney Lake

Discussion in 'KANSAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by THRowSOmeStink, May 24, 2007.

1. THRowSOmeStink

THRowSOmeStink New Member

State:
    sedgwick, kansas
    Some friends of mine have been catching some nice channels out at Cheney lake this past week. They said they caught quit a few 10# fish on trot line and pole fishing.I think over the last few days they caught 25 fish. They were using fresh cut white perch for bait. Didnt know if to many people fish the lake on this site but thought I would let you know. Most of them have been fishing the west side of the lake. Wenzel cove is a really good spot to go. I might head out there this weekend to do some pole fishing but with everyone and there dog going to be on the lake just might fish the lil arkansas river up around the house. Well everyone have a safe and happy weekend:big_smile: Shawn

2. KansasKatter

KansasKatter New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas
    Cheney will be pretty empty this weekend, the lake is so high, they have shut it down pretty much, at least for camping.

I caught several channel cat last year at Cheney in the 15-20lb range, and one around 22lbs. All off of Heimerman point, and around the feeders on the south side of the lake.

3. Catfish_Commando

Catfish_Commando TF Staff Member

State:
    Georgia
    Shawn,

If you can post us a picture of the results when you go, would be great to see the success!

Thanks,
    Paul

4. THRowSOmeStink

State:
    sedgwick, kansas
    I will post if i get to go. Redoing the upstairs of my house so dont know if the boss will let me. Jeff, thanks for the info on them shutting down the lake. I will have to go out there if i get an ok

5. KansasKatter

KansasKatter New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas
    Shawn, should be good weekend, get up there in the upper end of that sucker, they expect the lake to come up 5' in the next few days, with all that water coming in there, the cats will either be gorging themselves, or so full they are about to pop!:crazy:

6. THRowSOmeStink

State:
    sedgwick, kansas
    Wife wouldnt let me go for a trip to cheney. Had to many honey do's to do. So didnt get a chance to go. I was hoping to maybe this weekend if i dont have to work. Just thought i would let you know what happened. Thanks for the info Jeff appreciate it. Shawn