FYI-4 all you Cajun Line Fans

Discussion in 'Fishing Line Review' started by Bacardipr05, Sep 20, 2007.

1. Bacardipr05

Bacardipr05 New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    Zebco now owns this brand and some others....

2. catBob

catBob New Member

State:
    North Carolina

Not trying to knock this line ive never herd anything good about it has anyone ever tried it? all i use is the new sufixx tritrainem how ever u spell it any way

3. Bacardipr05

Bacardipr05 New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    Many of the BOC members praise this line. I have myself never tried it though. Right know im currently using Suffix Seige. I haven't converted all my reels yet but so far i am impressed with the line.

4. KansasKatter

KansasKatter New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas

I used to use Suffix, never will again.....nothing but Cajun for me, best line I have ever used, by a LONG shot.

5. Pirate Jerry

Pirate Jerry New Member

State:
    Yulee Florida
    I use Cajun red in both fresh and salt.... love it

6. Bacardipr05

Bacardipr05 New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    Oh i think the Suffix is a great line is the Cajun better and how so just curious. Its certainly cheaper thans Suffix...lol....

7. coolarrow2

coolarrow2 New Member

State:
    Texas
    I tried the Suffix on a spinning reel and that did not work out to good. I have the cajun line on two reels right now and I'm trying it out. I have used Big Game for years and I do not see that the Cajun line is any better as of yet. I do like the red color and it looks good on a ABU 6000. I have caught a few fish on the Cajun and no break offs yet. No real big fish yet either. Time will tell. But now that Zebco is involved I hope it does not turn to be what the Zebco reels have done. The Zebco 33 was a super reel 25 years ago. Now they are junk, IMO I bought the kids a Diawa silvercast spincast reels and they work good. I think the zebco company try to cut cost too much.

8. Big Cat Hunter

Big Cat Hunter Member

State:
    South Carolina
    I use Cajun 30# line. Its great and affordable. I also use the Cajun 50# leader line. I have personally caught fish up to 46.5 lbs. Never had any problem.

9. Bacardipr05

Bacardipr05 New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    So far the Suffix is working for me only time well tell. I have it spooled on 3 of my reels and no problems as of yet. Might one day try a spool of Cajun line one a reel. Shakespeare had to sell some of their fishing line (line) since they purchased Berkley and parent company and (berkley already had most of that market cornered). At least according to article that i read.

10. nitronostrils

nitronostrils New Member

State:
    IL
    Since Cajun is a Shakespeare product hopefully it don't effect Ugly Braid or Ugly sticks:embarassed: Is there a link to this article?

11. gadzooks

gadzooks New Member

State:
    Kingwood, Tx (Houston)
    I use both cajun red and Suffix lines. Both are good lines. For my big Penn's, I prefer the Suffix. Also for my spinning reels. But, in 20 lb, its difficult to be Red. Tough, resists abrasion, and holds knots well. The only thing I don't like is its color at night.

12. Bacardipr05

Bacardipr05 New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    I had the link but it was deleted by a staff member not sure why though. It doesn't effect the Rods just this brand line and I thinking it was two others(under the Shakespeare name). The Suffix 14lb test held very nicelytoday when I landed a HUGE carp and also held nicely when I landed a flathead last week. Even when it took me into the weeds for a second i thought oh oh its going to snap but it didn't. I might try a spool of the Cajun one day but so far I like the Suffix so far I am still in the testing stage.

13. gadzooks

gadzooks New Member

State:
    Kingwood, Tx (Houston)
    Your post may have been deleted because the link contained a forum or bulletin board. Here's a Chattanooga newspaper link:

http://www.chattanoogan.com/articles/article_111308.asp

Seems that Jarden Co., owner of K2, parent of Shakespeare, bought Pure Fishing (ABU, Trilene, Big Game, Stren, Penn, etc) and was required by the FTC to divest itselve of Cajun Red, Outcast, Supreme, and one other brand of line. Zebco bought those brands.

14. DemolitionMan

DemolitionMan New Member

State:
    Tupelo, Mississippi
    Personally, I've tried Big Game, Cajun, Suffix, and other's....I keep going back to the Ande Premium line....I finally bought sever 1lb spools of 20# and 30# and it's on all my reels but one spinning reel.....Just my preference...I believe that as long as the quality is there in the production of the line, you'll get about the same quality with the same "price range" in any of em....So, I just use the brand I prefer....Jus my opinion.....Also, anyone interested in Ande line, go to www.tuppensmarine.com to get a complete line of Ande products.....It takes longer to ship, but I think their lines come straight from Ande....Dwight

15. Bacardipr05

Bacardipr05 New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    Thanks for the new link gadzoks. Can't comment on the Ande line never used it myself. You might be right about them been nearly the same(demolition man) I did buy a "name brand" line recently that after about a month or so became kinda of brittle. Even its appearance had changed. I also have brought cheaper line before that was just junk....

16. sarSWAMPFOX

sarSWAMPFOX New Member

State:
    Union, South Caroilna
    I fished with Big Game (flourecent) for years, and still do on my night fishing rigs. But when I tried Cajun I never went back for daytime fishing. I hope that Zebco keeps the same quality in the line. I feel they lost it with their reels.

17. jeffw51

jeffw51 New Member

State:
    mo
    ive used cajun line for three years,never had a problem .awsome line

18. BLKCLOUD

BLKCLOUD New Member

State:
    Pulaski Tn
    I picked up a spool of it today at walmart..and while I was walking around reading the back I noticed it was made in china...I guess its still sitting there beside the cornflakes cause thats where I left it..

19. cumberlandcat

cumberlandcat New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I gotta put in my two cent cajun red line is a great line a little stiff but I have caught some of my biggest cats and strippers on 30lb test. I would like to get my hands on some 40 or 50lb test.

20. janzaldo

janzaldo New Member

State:
    South Gate, Cal
    Does Cajun mono cast well?

I accentally picked up some berkly xl the line is red; any body ever used Berkly red mono?

Jaime