fwmud's center console

Discussion in 'Boat Modification Journal' started by fwmud, May 31, 2007.

1. fwmud

fwmud New Member

State:
    Wilson's Mills,nc
    Well, after seeing all Mark's work, I finally got off my duff and began(again) to rebuild mine.
    I started over a year ago by ripping off the rotten deck, and finding the transome was also rotted.
    The transome, I'm almost all the way down(as per instructions).I'll be using "seacast" to repair that.
    As with many others, I want this to be a one time fix. No short cuts, no half ways. With Mark's know-how in epoxy and fiberglass, I'll be fixing the deck for good.
    My stringers are set up for a belly or below deck tank for fuel. I'm currently pricing a factory made one and a self-built one. I've welded for years and have a contact thru work to get good prices on aluminum.
    Now, I've gotta take out a loan so as to get Bobpaul to tune up what my father-in-law couldn't do. (yes, he needs to stick to lawn mowers)
    Over the past holiday weekend, I took the boat off the trailer and replaced all the keel rollers, removed the bunk rollers and made bunk boards to replace them.
    I've already priced LED lights for the trailer and found a set for about $15.00 more than conventional ones.
    Also tooks marks idea and tigged 1/2" EMT down the trailer to house my wiring in. It'll be #12 thhn stranded. All my joints will be solderd and then plastic-coated.
    Will post pics soon.

Thanks to you Mark for prodding me and making me have "boat-envy"
    (And for other things HA!)

2. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I doubt I'll ever have the opportunity to do this, but I sure enjoy reading about those that do... Thanks for sharing...:cool2:

Ol' Man

~~~~~~~~~~
    Fear can hold you prisoner. Hope can set you free.

3. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    Jeb, we all have the oppertunity. You have to seize the moment and grab the bull by the horns and dont look back.

4. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY

Wich end are the horns at? LOL! That must be my problem.

5. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    Concrete stompers!:crazy: