Future Ad to Read

Discussion in 'Gateway Catfishing Club' started by Mr Okie, Jun 15, 2009.

1. Mr Okie

Mr Okie New Member

State:
    Okla/Texas
    Catfishing gear. New poles. Never been slimed. Never been bent.

WE once again went out on the Miss and once again didn't get a bite. I am about ready to give up.

Mrs. OK

2. FLOAT TRIP WILLIE

FLOAT TRIP WILLIE Active Member

State:
    St. Louis
    aww... you cant give up.... the bite is slowing down right now.. trust me they're out there.. when the bite turns on its on... you'll have your day just keep at it...

3. TN Greg

TN Greg Member

State:
    MO
    You aren't alone. It's a tough gamefish to figure out.....humbling to say the least. It makes it even tougher when you see these fellers banging 'em.

Unfortunately, there isn't a silver bullet. It just requires mucho time on the water trying to figure it out. On the bright side, it's pretty rewarding when you have a game plan, you execute and it works.

I have more fish in my avatar than I caught in my first year combined. I just needed more data points. Of course, I was mainly learning what not to do, but it eventually panned out. I liken it to the game of battleship. I had the whole board covered with white pegs before I ever hit anything. :wink:

I just wish I had more time to collect the data points -- especially in lieu of katcatchingfools punking me in the tourney a few months back. I went for J6, but J7 was the hit. :angry:

4. Mr Okie

Mr Okie New Member

State:
    Okla/Texas
    Revised to read (Broken Poles-only bent one time in anger)
    They will get mine when they pry my cold dead fingers from around it..........................

5. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    Mrs Oklahoma, you know we would really like for you to join the BOC yourself. Makes it a bit difficult to know which one we are talking to. Besides, then we can quietly tell you our secrets without telling Mr Oklahoma. :wink:

SPoken as if I knew any secrets, LOL.

6. Mr Okie

Mr Okie New Member

State:
    Okla/Texas
    It doesn't matter which one you are talking too. We are like peas and carrots...

You can tell her all the secrets you want I don't listen to her anyway..:roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

7. SLIPKNOT

SLIPKNOT New Member

State:
    Alton,IL
    You can tell her all the secrets you want I don't listen to her anyway..:roll_eyes::roll_eyes:[/QUOTE]

Maybe thats why your not catching any fish!!!!:smile2::smile2:

8. Beckman

Beckman New Member

State:
    O'Fallon MO
    Hey Oklanhoma you can't give up on our slippery, finicky whiskered friends of the mighty Mississippi river system. I've been there too and I know how it feels to wear the ol' skunk hat. I went out twice this weekend and fished some great areas and only caught 3 small dinks. :confused2: Ive been out 4x's over the past couple of weeks and the bite just hasn't been solid. It should kick on over the next few weeks or so. I'll post some pics after this upcoming weekend to show you how persistance pays off. I too am waiting patiently for my day and/or night of CATFISH FEVER!!!:wink:

Good Luck and keep after it cause you will wack on em' one of these outing I guarantee.

9. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    Now that was just plain mean.:wink:

10. katcatchingfool

katcatchingfool New Member

State:
    illinois

11. katcatchingfool

State:
    illinois
    By the way J7 wouldn't of got you any fish either it was J7 1/2 was the direct hit.

12. katcatchingfool

State:
    illinois
    Now Im done posting. I wont say anymore.

13. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    OMG!!! ROTFLMFAO!!!! :smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2:

14. buckdoe270

buckdoe270 New Member

State:
    Overland, Mo
    willie will get you on some fish
    or i can give a couple gps spots to try.
    you want eating size or bragging size
    :smile2::smile2::smile2:

15. Mr Okie

Mr Okie New Member

State:
    Okla/Texas
    Bragging Size for sure. A few eating size want be bad either.

16. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
    the bite is slowing down right now

17. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Floyd is correct. Dont judge the fishery based on June. I HATE this time of year. Come July and August, well, you'll just have to wait for the pictures. :cool2: