Fuse holder for trolling motor.

Discussion in 'Boat Repair Help' started by bootshowl, Jul 7, 2007.

1. bootshowl

bootshowl New Member

State:
    Indiana, J
    Hey all. I'm having trouble locating a new fuse holder for my motor harness. I've checked all the local auto supplies, an BPS also. I need 8 gage wire & a 40 amp rated fuse holder. Could also use some 40 amp AGC spare fuses also.
    All I can find are 30 amp, 10 gage & most are 30/12 gage....I robbed Peter to pay Paul for now. My lil boat is set up for plug-in recepticles, fore an aft, an a small transom on the front so you can use a tiller trolling motor in the front if you wish. The fuse holders are mounted in line with the harnesses in the battery compartment, one for fore, an one for aft. I just need to splice in a new unit for one that cracked. Should be an easy fix. Who ya gonna call?

2. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    Gary, go back to those places or a local boat dealer and ask for an overload fuse/breaker; it usually attaches to the positive terminal of your battery. They are designed to handle the amperage and won't corrode away like a fuse will. They are more expensive, but will last a long time.

3. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    Tommy is right on top of this deal Gary. You won't regret doing it that way.

4. duxsrus

duxsrus New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    I always heard you want to use a manual resettable circuit breaker for trolling motors. I'm pretty sure it mentioned that in the owners manual for my trolling motor. I'm not at home or I'd go verify that.

5. ateamfisherman

ateamfisherman New Member

State:
    Texas
    I bought one this week they are about 6.00 each