Fur prices

Discussion in 'Trapping & Fur Taking' started by lance, Dec 5, 2008.

1. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    I live in KY and haven't trapped or taking anything considered a furbearer other than 1 yote last year . I have a pesky coon in back of my house and I will catch him regaurdless of fur prices . He will make good bbq anyway . Just wondering if the prices are any good . I am sure they aren't what they where 20 years ago but... I am ready shock me !

2. bnewsom71

bnewsom71 New Member

State:
    Mathervill
    Around my parts, if it is NOT a small, it will go for 8-10. On the cob it will go for 7 or less. This year really bites!

3. RetiredToFish

RetiredToFish New Member

State:
    Newark, Ohio
    XL or larger are going for 8 to 10 dollars and if put up may go for 12 .... Now remember I said .... MAY Go for that ... prices are really in an upheavel right now and no one really knows what is going to happen .... Garry- :sad2:

4. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
    a fella has an add in the paper here say wanted to buy furs i called him he said he give about 2 to 3 dollars for em ...lol

i said thats ok i will tan them myself and hang them in the garage

5. rush_60

rush_60 New Member

State:
    Troy, KS
    I wish I could have been trapping when the prices where really good. Maybe its better off I wasnt though, because I'm happy with the money I do get for my furs.

6. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    25 years ago I remeber getting 80 for a grade a prime Red Fox , 20 for a coon . Those were flukes . I mostly did water sets for muskrats and I think I got close to 4.00 for a prime,a,large rat .

7. skawez

skawez Member

State:
    Hickman, Ne
    Name:
    Steve
    In south east Neb. the "most honorable" buyer ive found... which isnt easy with the prices this year..

Coon.. 8-12
    fox.....8-15 (red)
    opussum...1.00
    skunk.......1-1.50
    bobcat.....20-50

now this is a FAR cry from last year
    which makes me hold my furs till it pays more then the gas to get to the buyer... then again my line starts 200yrds from the house and winds thru a section a half mile wide by a mile long and i have 2 marshes and 3 creeks.. not to mention a den heaven for everything its a old rock quarry..

8. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Won't ever see the same prices as the 80's