Fur-Fish-Game

Discussion in 'Trapping & Fur Taking' started by joecatfish, Mar 2, 2007.

1. joecatfish

joecatfish New Member

State:
    TX
    I spent so many blizzardy winter days and/or nights sitting near the woodstove with a coffee, reading and re-reading Hardings Magazine (Fur-Fish-Game) as a farm kid. I still subscribe, read and love it today, even though I am not able to pursue trapping much anymore. Anyone else have such good memories of this magazine?

2. MRFLATHEAD

MRFLATHEAD Guest

yea its a good magazine they did a story on me couple years ago floating for flatheads

3. joecatfish

joecatfish New Member

State:
    TX
    I think I remember it. Have to dig it out, if I still have it. Sometimes I give a copy away, to rural kids I know.

4. gardengrz

gardengrz New Member

State:
    wakeman,ohio
    i dont see it much these days but i use to subscibe back in th 60s and 70s. got some from th 50s and some from when earlier when it was called hunter,trapper,trader. my g.pa got me all them hardings books you see advertised in there for christmases, they are the old original copies not reprints thy have today. i gotum rite here on my self :tounge_out: :big_smile:

5. joecatfish

joecatfish New Member

State:
    TX
    That is great, Gardengrz. I had some of the books from the early '60's, but over the years, they disappeared. Really wish I still had them. It is still a good magazine, though. Check it out. Go to furfishgame.com, or go to Amazon and do a search.

6. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I've been a subscriber since 1972 and I still have almost every copy

7. primitivefrn

primitivefrn Member

State:
    collins mo
    When I was in 7th grade a friend brought some to school,I Thought I had died and went to heaven. I have a large collection of them. have some from 1930 still good reading, Iam 62 now.
    Jim

8. fishhook

fishhook New Member

State:
    Willow Woo
    I still have a lot of those magazines from when I started subscribing back in the 60's and still do along with the Trapper paper from the time it first started.

9. massa_jorge

massa_jorge New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    f-f-g has to be the best outdoor magazine in the world, hands down. i have been reading it for years, never got an issue i didn't read cover to cover. i like how it's written for the meat and potatoes outdoorsman. can't find a bad thing with that one!

10. splitshot

splitshot New Member

State:
    Coxsakie,N.Y.
    I got my first subscription when i was 16 yrs. old, a great magazine!!

11. warcraft1975

warcraft1975 New Member

jeese. i had no idea it was that old.

12. channelcat_tracker

channelcat_tracker New Member

State:
    Iowa
    yea i think it got me interested in the pursuit of trapping. i love this magazine and even read the articles about fishing for trout and fish that arent in iowa. this magazine is great. but sadly, i dont have a subscription towards it!

13. Blue Duck

Blue Duck New Member

State:
    Idaho
    I love the magazine. I have read it for many years. Its usually a little more realistic and less politicaly correct then most of the others.......