Funreal sermon talks about the BOC

Discussion in 'Catawba Catfish Club' started by GatorT, Jun 19, 2009.

1. GatorT

GatorT New Member

State:
    Camden, South Carolina
    Ricky Granger's funeral was held today, Friday, at 1:00 this afternoon at the First Baptist Church in Great Falls. This is a big church with lots of room, and it was slam full. A lot of people had to stand.

The preacher who did the introduction sermon, the Rev. Greg Batchelor, talked about all that was important to Rick - such as nature and the water and how much he loved his family and friends. He talked about what kind of man that made Rick, and then surprised us by saying that he had gotten online and checked out the BOC! He said that he was very touched and impressed by the kind of people he saw on here, and how so many of you had posted on here to show your support.

It was a nice service - and the highlight of the whole thing was when Rick's two little girls - ages 7 and just turned 9, got up and sang "Wayfaring Stranger" while their mother played the guitar. That packed church did not contain a single dry eye.

It was a very beautiful service - with the family all dressed in camouflage, in honor of Rick. I think Rick would have liked it.

I want to thank everybody for your prayers and condolences. They truly help. Please keep his wife, Pam, and his two little girls in your prayers.

2. GatorT

GatorT New Member

State:
    Camden, South Carolina
    Just wanted to let you know that I talked to several guys at Rick's visitation who said that they were very interested in fishing the tournament on the 27th. They either didn't know a thing about it or didn't know that it was open.

So perhaps we'll have a few more boats there that night.

And Marty - if you could have some club membership forms available, that'd be great. I talked to one guy who said that he'd be interested in joining a club like this. And I need to get one for myself, too.

3. martygreen

martygreen Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    Thanks for the update on the service,I am sure it was very touching.

We dont have a membership persay,it is open to all folks who love to catfish as much as We do,We just took it opon ourselves to organize a Gathering/Tournaments of Great people and Catfisherman/women.All are welcome at our events.Now if yall are interested in joining a great organization,you can join the Carolina Catfish Club,one great group of guys,Wyliecat[President] and billfish76[VP] will be fishing the Tourney and anyone interested can speak with those guys,Both Dieter and Cary have been a great help to Jeff and I,not only as friends but in helping promote Catfishing and our Tournaments.We may look into having an official roster and things in the next year or so,Alot of things on the horizon,but we dont wanna rush into anything.:wink:

4. bowler man

bowler man New Member

State:
    nc
    thanks for keeping us updated, i am sure this was a hard thing to deal with , it's hard to keep a dry eye just reading it
    i just went to rick's online guest book and posted , it don't seem like much but it sure helps to know people are thinking of you when you are dealing with something like this.

here is the link for others to go to http://www.legacy.com/gb2/default.aspx?bookID=9685279825430

5. martygreen

martygreen Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    Thanks for the link Jeff,I signed it as well on behalf of My wife and I and the Catawba Catfish Club.

6. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Even though i wasn't familiar with the man i would like express my sympathies for the family and friends. Very touching post. We've lost brothers and sisters here and we'll continue to lose them, but never to be lost from our heart.