Funny story while trying to buy chicken livers.

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by rebcatman, May 27, 2006.

1. rebcatman

rebcatman New Member

State:
    Manassas, Virginia
    I stopped by my usual grocery store last night to buy chicken livers for fishing tonight, but the store was out, so I decided to go back this morning. I asked the lady in the meat department if they had any in back, since I did not find any out front again. She checked and said no, and then said matter of factly, going fishing? I said yup. I guess they get plenty of requests. Lucky for me, there is another grocery store right down the road, and they had plenty of livers.

2. Deltalover

Deltalover New Member

State:
    Tracy Calif
    All the local stores say that around here, about liver! Do people actually eat chicken liver? Pretty high "Yuck factor" for me, Id rather eat dip bait! I also get my sardines and anchovies from the grocery store! Save a few bucks over baitshop prces and it's fresher!

3. rebcatman

rebcatman New Member

State:
    Manassas, Virginia
    I like to eat 'em, though, it has been a few years since the last I ate 'em.

4. james

james New Member

State:
    Blue Ridge texa
    oh man some fried chicken livers or gizzards and a side of gravy ohhhhhh man chicken doesn't get any better

5. lawnman61

lawnman61 New Member

State:
    Fort Worth, Tex
    Just love those chicken livers and gizzards with gravy and some mashed tatters.

Where I live, there are plenty of stores around that have the livers.

6. channelcat_tracker

channelcat_tracker New Member

State:
    Iowa
    hey shoulda said nope goin to eat em for myself. delicious heres your sign! :lol: :big_smile:

7. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    Chicken Livers are for eat'n not fish'n, LMAO!!! MMM>>MMM<< Good

8. fishhook

fishhook New Member

State:
    Willow Woo
    One of my favorite things, chicken livers, mashed potato's, gravy and biscuits. Right down home cooking.:tounge_out:

9. treddinwater

treddinwater Active Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    My parents like to fry them up, I had them once and they didn't taste too bad, but the texture was pretty weird so I just couldn't handle it.

10. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Name:
    your first name
    I always tell em I eat em raw on crackers. They dont know whether to laugh or throw up.

11. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    not sure which one I'm gonna do either...It'd take an EXTREME case of munchies to do that...

12. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    Chicken liver or dip bait to survive lord come and get me cause I aint eatin

13. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    Doesn;t everyone eat them this way?peewee

14. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    I love fried chicken livers, but I rather fish with em. They catch fish to.

15. squirtspop

squirtspop New Member

State:
    Glencoe, Arkansas
    Fry up and batch for yourself and go fishing. When the fish ain't bitin, you can.

16. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    I love fried chicken livers, especially if they're not overcooked. Of course, they have to be thoroughly cooked, but if you cook them much more than that, they have the consistency of shoe leather. I'm planning to wrap the next batch in bacon and broil them. And cure what I don't cook.

17. Cherokee

Cherokee New Member

State:
    Salyersville,Ke
    Roll,em in flour, alittle salt and peper and fry them babies yummmmmmmmmyyyyyyyyyy

18. fishnfool68

fishnfool68 New Member

State:
    Near Tulsa Oklahoma
    I've fished with livers my whole life,to each thier own but they are fish bait to me.I was tricked into eating them once in a resturant they were made like pattys.I was told it was chicken fried steak.Smothered in mashpotatos and gravy it tasted funny,but not bad.It wasn't till I cleaned my plate,that I was told the truth.The smell of hot riverbank liver came to mind and I just made it to the restroom in time:embarassed: .For me I've decided catfish tastes better and will stay down-so livers for bait:smile2:

19. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    I love eating fried chicken liver, I think its the best liver there is for eating or fishing!

20. PapaBear6801

PapaBear6801 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    You just can't beat fried chicken liver and gizzards. I got started on them at the Rockville Covered Bridge Festival here in Indiana when I was a kid and have loved them ever since.