Funny picture of my dog watching her pole

Discussion in 'LOCAL MISSOURI TALK' started by Catfish Pursuit, Jan 14, 2007.

1. Catfish Pursuit

Catfish Pursuit New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Sorry, just found this picture of my dog watching her pole while fishing on the MO river last summer. She always sits on the middle bench and I put her pole where she can get it when she gets a bite. My dog Angel likes to fish even more than I do and she dosed off while we were fishing. I got the camera ready and said "Angel, you've got a bite!". I took the picture just as she was debating if she was really getting a fish or not. I thought it was funny! When her pole does go down she'll grab it with her teeth until I can get to it and then she helps get the fish in the boat, funny stuff. Some of you may have seen her running around down at the Harbor at Warsaw before. She's a beagle/husky mix. Siberian beagle I guess. Chris

Attached Files:

2. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    down right cute. I would personally get a big kick ouuta watchin somethin like that!! Thanks for sharin.:big_smile:

3. tomcat85

tomcat85 New Member

State:
    uh
    Thanks for sharing man! that is great!:big_smile:

4. BigCatDreaming

BigCatDreaming New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I cant wait to see how my German Shorthaired Pointer Pup responds when she sees my pole dancing around in the boat

5. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    That's hilarious! And a great thing, too.

I just can't see my 5 lb. chihuahua holding a pole, but he sure watches them! Fish don't phase him. He just looks at them like there is nothing there, cause he don't care to eat fish too much.

Thanks for posting the pic!
    Cheryl

6. Catfish Pursuit

State:
    Missouri
    Well, I was watching a crappie fishing show yesterday morning after I got off work and I noticed Angel was laying at the end of my bed also paying very close attention to the show which made me laugh, then I remembered having that picture too. Guess I'll have to get out there soon and see if we can find some fish! Beats work too! Thanks everyone, Chris

7. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Just teach her to set the hook for ya and you can snooze in the boat. lol

8. alands94

alands94 Active Member

State:
    Lebanon, I
    Thanks for sharing. I'll have to teach my 2 pups to fish this summer.

9. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    A good one to start my day!

10. redwiskers

redwiskers New Member

State:
    iowa
    I wish I could take my dogs fishing but to them a fishing pole is just a giant stick that needs to be chewed. I guess Basset hounds dont make good fishing buddies.

11. catfisher43

catfisher43 New Member

State:
    missouri
    cool picture Chris,Thanks for sharing.

12. neocats

neocats New Member

State:
    Steubenvil
    What does Angel do when she gets a bite? Curious to know. A buddy's dog will start barking when his rods get a bite.

13. jailcop2

jailcop2 New Member

State:
    iowa
    Great Pic , Looks Like She Knows About The Waiting Part .

14. Catfish Pursuit

State:
    Missouri
    Its funny man, when she starts to get a bite she will get all serious and when the rod goes down she'll grab the foam butt part with her teeth and hang on! I'll grab the rod and then reel it in for her but then she won't let you throw it back so you have to hold her in the boat or she'll jump out and try and catch it again. I got her when she was 5 weeks old and all she knows is fishing and drag racing. Chris

15. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Great Dog, Fine Pics, and Interesting Story. Thanks for sharing. Dog is mans best friend.:cool2: :lol:

16. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    :cool2: Great picture.Looks like you've got a great fishing partner there.Thats one luck pup there.getting to enjoy time with her best friend .Thanks for sharing.

17. mobowhtr

mobowhtr Member

State:
    MO
    My german shepherd loves to go out in the boat, but has no interest in the fish or fishing

18. sal_jr

sal_jr New Member

State:
    Ithaca, MI
    Gotta love a good ole dog.

Mine wont even pay attention to me unless I got a handful of cheese. lol

19. smallriverrat

smallriverrat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    If I can figure out how to get all of my stuff in one wagon then my dog will pull it. Or if I can figure out a way for her to pull the fishing pole she would do it. But she usually is more of a pain then helpful so she stays at home

20. catfishing is fun

catfishing is fun New Member

State:
    Missouri/Michigan
    thats a cool pic, did she catch anything lol