Funny Fishing Trick/gag I Pulled On Flathunter

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by H2O Mellon, Jul 9, 2006.

1. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Okay, while at the Pay Pond w/ Flathunter on Sat night (SEE POST: http://www.catfish1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21120) I got him VERY GOOD.

Nothing but turtles were biting. Jack had to go "take care of business" and since it was daylight he had to go to a discrete spot. While he was gone, I told my wife "Watch This". I grabbed a blakc rope that was beside me, tied it to his rod holder & waited for the time to get right. By the time he got back it was almost dark. I waited another 30 minutes or so and started tugging on the rope. The rod holders are so heavy that I could not get the rod to actually look like a monster Cat bite, but it did look like a VERY AGRRESSIVE TURTLE BITE. I gave some light tugs, then some heavier tugs. Jack even got up a time or two & reeled in the rod to check his bait. An hour or so went by, then his wife came down on her way home from work. While he was talking to her I noticed that he was only 1/2 paying attention to his rod, so I started jerking the crap out of this rope. Man, his rod was bouncing like crazy. He was getting excited because I guess he thought he had the worlds largest Snapper on. This went on for 10 minutes or so, I was jerking so hard that the rope was leaving red marks on my hand. Finally my wife & I started cracking up & clued Flathunter into was what going on.

Below is a pic of what it looked like when I 1st tied the rope to the rod holder.

2. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    It was not a pay pond, it was the scioto river..And you my friend shall pay dearly for that trick..Remember it is you who fall asleep while fishing!:big_smile:

3. samh

samh New Member

State:
    Damascus,Arkansas
    That's evil, your my kinda people. If you want to drive some folks crazy, we used to do this at bass tournaments, keep a hand full of screws and small bolts in your boat and idle up beside some one in a nice new fancy perfectly kept boat or walk up at the ramp or parking lot and start talking, when you get the chance just drop a few of the screws and/or bolts under his console. They'll spend hours and hours trying to figure out where they came from. It was easy for me cause I could alway pick up a few off the floor of my boat that had really fell out of something to use, but it drove some of the real perfectionists crazy. Had a 2 day tournament once and the guy parked next to us stayed in his boat under his dash every spare minute we were there trying to find where those screws came from.

4. barney leonard

barney leonard New Member

State:
    Mannford,OK
    Thats to funny,I'l have to remember that one

5. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Cordova, TN
    Good one, Mellon :lol:

6. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    I do sort of the same thing to my buddies when we go fishing. I purposly have 4# clear line in my tacklebox. Lots of my friends just lean em on a brick, tacklebox, or cooler when fishing. I will tie the line to the bottem of the pole and jerk it for a while. It is always good for a laugh.

7. catseeman

catseeman New Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Evil, wicked, nasty, mean, I like the way you think .

8. catmanofohio

catmanofohio New Member

State:
    Aberdeen (Southern Ohio)
    lol, nice pranks... or u could also take a small bucket with the lid off and reel their pole in while they are gone and tie the bucket to it, then give it a good toss as hard as u can....helps to put a little water in it first, then make sure it sinks, then set it back down then tie string/rope to the pole and then tug on it some... when the go to reel it in they will get all excited... should feel like a big snapper lol

9. kccats

kccats New Member

State:
    Olathe, Kansas
    You guys sound like a blast to go fishing with

10. blindfly69

blindfly69 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    lol my grandpa did something like that to me one time....its also cool to cross ur buddy's line without him knowin and give him a few tugs every now and then.....it just kinda sucks when they find out it was you the whole time

11. SeedTick

SeedTick New Member

State:
    Conway Arkansas
    You guy ain't right.

ST

12. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

pure evil but very funny and effective

13. Ahquabi_Master

Ahquabi_Master New Member

State:
    WDM Iowa
    thats messed up man. sounds like fun tho - he's gon' get you back!

14. catfishkatmando

catfishkatmando New Member

State:
    Salem, WV.
    You guys should get on one iof those big foot beef jerkys comercials.
    H2O I wouldn't sleep with my mouth open

15. Majesticman

Majesticman New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I tube of crickets in the boat, camper, or pickup is a good one also.

16. Ellis

Ellis New Member

State:
    Yellow Springs, Ohio
    LMAO, nice one. I gotta try to go fishing with you guys sometime:tounge_out: