Funny fishing story!!

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by kycatman01, Aug 10, 2006.

1. kycatman01

kycatman01 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    i thought this story was kind of funny and you brothers might want to here it.
    a couple of friends and i went to a local lake about 5 years ago. we fished all day a barely had a bite. as night fell, the action started to pick up. we got alot of hits and probably caught 3 channels within 2 hours. during this time,
    one of my friends, a smokeaholic and perhaps the clumsiest person in the world, had a nice one on. he fought with it probably 10 to 15 minutes. he finally got it to the bank. it was a albino channel cat. it was probably 10-15 lbs. anyway, as he pulled up on the rod to pull it into the net. he burnt his line into with his cigarette. boy, he was mad and disappointed. we sure had a laugh that night. we still, to this day, aggravate him about that. he will never live it down.

2. catseeman

catseeman New Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Tears ago I was fishing off a bridge. I got a trmenous run and yanked the cigarette out of my mouth and flipped it of the bridge, You guessed it. the pole straightened right up, the cig had burnt the line in to. i don't know what it was but it sure had the pole going over when i grabbed for it.

3. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

Another reason to quit smoking if you do smoke

4. john barber

john barber New Member

State:
    north carolina
    man thats what you call bad luck:lol: :lol: :lol:

5. IL Hunter

IL Hunter New Member

State:
    Normal, IL
    I guess smoking and fishing don't mix. I sure would be mad if I lost a fish that way.

6. splitshot

splitshot New Member

State:
    Coxsakie,N.Y.
    Ive had the same thing happen with a lantern,the fish pulled the pole into the glass, Bye, Bye,kitty.:byebye: :0a13:

7. BamaCats Lady

BamaCats Lady New Member

State:
    Luverne, Alabama
    LOL... I'll keep this in mind when I finally go fishing... Note to self: watch where you put cigarette out. LOL
    Lisa

8. hoggmaster

hoggmaster New Member

State:
    ohio
    ive had it happen before with a cigarette and a lantern
    made me mad both times