Funny Camping Story

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by SubnetZero, Jul 26, 2006.

1. SubnetZero

SubnetZero New Member

State:
    Sherman IL
    Reading a thread about pop-up campers reminded me of a trip me the wife took out a local campgrounds here...

Several years ago my wife's grandparents were staying out at a local campgrounds and we decided to take a drive out and visit them. It was a beautiful weekend. Perfect camping weather. We get out there early and start shooting the breeze..
    While we were visiting them, a young couple pull up in a pickup towing a pretty nice pop-up in the spot directly across from the wife's grandparents. The guy carefully and gingerly backs it in and proceeds to set it up. He spent quite awhile making sure it was level. He'd dig pieces of 2x4's out of his truck, check the level, adjust the jacks.. Made sure it was 100% even all the way around.. While he was doing that, the young woman was setting up stuff around their camp, lantern, Coleman stove, etc... They probably spent a good hour and half setting the place up....
    After they got done setting up, they both went into the camper.. Maybe 5-10 minutes go by and we hear a crash .. Look up and the young couple is laying on the ground without a stitch of clothing on.. They had fallen out of the end of the camper while doing errr, man and woman things:lol: ... Of course in their panic, the first thing they did was run for the door to camper, which they had locked before getting started... The guy had to climb back through the end of the camper, butt nekkid, while the girl tried to make herself as inconspicuous as possible pressing as tightly as she could to that door...

They broke that camp down faster than a Nascar pit crew. They litteraly just grabbed what ever they could, chunked it in the bed of the truck .. I doubt they put a latch on that camper top.. He left black marks all the way out trying to get out of that place ... :lol: :big_smile: :smile2:

2. Drawout

Drawout Active Member

State:
    Paris.Texas
    Omg that is too funny, heres some rep.

3. If I was there they woulda heard me laughing from the moment they fell out to well after they had left.

4. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Tim, that is a really funny one to me for we spent about 15 years using a pop-up tent camper.
    I've often thought what would happen if one forgot to put the braces under the beds.... Now I know! :big_smile:

I'll have to show this one to my wife.

5. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    That's good. I bet they have a hard top now!

6. rushing

rushing New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    :lol::lol::lol: Too funny!!!

7. gargoil77

gargoil77 New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Indiana
    Tim that is hilarious. I would've loved to have seen that.

Pat, My sister told me that my mom got crawled up into a bed and my dad forgot to put the jacks down. My dad and sister couldn't help her because they were laughing so hard. Wish I was there to have seen that.

8. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Great story,thanks for sharing!

9. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Whoa, wonder if they went home or just to another campground where they were less "well-known"? :lol: My family spent several years using a pop-up tent camper also. Don't recall my mom and dad having THIS kind of a problem, however (thank goodness!). True stories are always the best, Tim, thanks for sharing......and oh yeah, all pop-up owners, please remember to check your braces:big_smile:!

10. HRCats

HRCats New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Really funny story Tim!! Was a great one to start the day out on! :lol:

11. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    One neat thing about camp grounds ,YOU CAN SEE SOME PRETTY NEAT THINGS.:roll_eyes: I remember one time we was at a camp grounds ,hotter than blue blazes that night,a friend of our s had a little to much to drink,took off all her clothes and goes to sleep in front seat of car with door open. Sec.Grd comes by wakes her up ,tells her to go inside the camper,so she does with no clothes on . After that her boyfrind would tell her everytime she got ready to go out the door PUT SOME PANTS ON. Personally I think the grd was stupid for waking her up.

12. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    LMAO, now that was funny. About spit coffee all over the key board....:big_smile:

13. channelcat_tracker

channelcat_tracker New Member

State:
    Iowa
    that was one FUNNY story. i didnt see it coming! :lol: :lol: :lol: heres some gold and rep though the gold aint much!

14. channelcat_tracker

channelcat_tracker New Member

State:
    Iowa
    dah i dont see the donate sign but the reps on your way!

15. crricha13

crricha13 New Member

State:
    Danville, VA
    haha wheres it on video now?