1. BigOBear

BigOBear New Member

State:
    TX
    Well Jolie asked a while back about posting reports on the not the best fishing trips so here goes hehe.

Choke Canyon. My oldest and I caught 12 bream, 1 channel, and 2 gars this past weekend. The channel had a hunk bit out of his back about the size of a quarter and half his tail was gone. I think he jumped in the boat to get away from whatever was chasing him lol.

The baits were not biting much at all.

The gars were fun to catch.

Was trolling along through some stumps bream fishing and saw a 4-5 foot log about a foot under the water ahead. Was about to turn and skirt around it when I saw it wiggle a bit and go down out of sight... big gar or flathead I figure. Was brown so I don't reckon it was a gator.

Had one 9/0 J style sethook get opened up about 35-40 degrees. Best guess... gator got on there over night. That's the second big heavy duty hook I've had opened up on that lake. Got some pics but they were accidentally removed from the camera when we were cleaning up the videos on the camera... ugh.

Here's a vid of the little gar caught on a scoping bream pole. He was pert near wore smooth out by the time we got the cam on hehe: http://picasaweb.google.com/BigOBear/ChokeCanyonMovies?authkey=fUzr_WabP6A#5248552724643990466

All in all it was a wonderful trip. Justin hasn't been fishing much this summer due to that growing up factor. He's hooked on those fumes... gasoline fumes and per-fumes. He got a job at the beginning of summer and has missed all of our family camping trips so this was a one on one makeup trip for me and him. We both had a blast.

2. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    Being out on the water is ALWAYS better than sitting at home.

Thanks for the report, Jimmy.

Catfishing hasn't been too hot here either.

3. stumpjumper

stumpjumper New Member

State:
    Dallas, GA
    Thanks for the report Jimmy. Still a fun trip!

4. catman4926

catman4926 New Member

State:
    Texas
    Jimmy,

Thanks for the report

5. tiny b

tiny b Active Member

State:
    TX
    Thanks for sharing.Sounds like a good time. It ain't always about the fish huh?

6. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Thanks for sharing sounds like a fun trip for sure!

7. patrickgd

patrickgd New Member

State:
    Memphis TN
    Thanks for sharing about your trip! sounds like big fun. I wonder what bent the big hook like that? Whatever it was sounds like it was big and pissed off. LOL

8. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Sounds like a great trip, congrats and good luck in the future