Fun and heartbreaking trip to the Ohio

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by kitsinni, Jul 28, 2009.

1. kitsinni

kitsinni New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Last night I had about 4 hours to fish after work. That included time to get bait run to my spot get back and get the boat on the trailer. Amazingly everything worked out after work and I actually got to the launch a little early. So I got out and getting shad was quick and easy. Got to the place I wanted to fish got my poles in the water and BAM not even 5 minutes and got a 12LB channel. About 5 minutes later got another channel and then I swear I caught the same 12LB channel again. I'm not sure it was the same one but it looked exactly the same and was the same weight. Ended up getting another blue about 15 and a few smaller channels. Then all of the sudden my pole with a 10/0 Kahle loaded with two large shad cut up in to pieces got slammed. I could barely get the thing out of the holder. Fought this fish for over 10 minutes, could barely move the thing. I thought I was finally making some head way and he was probably 10 feet below the top brought up from over 50. Then it happened out of nowhere he spit the hook.:sad2: This was definetly the largest fish I have ever fought and it is the type of fish to keep you up at night. I will be back on this fish ... grrrr. just give me time and I will find em!

2. shanelures

shanelures New Member

State:
    ohio
    man thats a drag!! better luck next time!

3. CBH

CBH New Member

State:
    WV
    That is what keeps us going back.

4. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Niko it sounds like you had an awesome time. Just hate it when the hook get's spit out but I have had it happen many times to me last year. Good luck an fish on,,,,,

5. Slatebar

Slatebar New Member

State:
    ohio
    Atta Boy, kitsinni:smile2:

6. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    I have always said that is the equivelant of getting kicked in the balls with steel toes! LMAO Bummer man, it will happen to ya all the time unfortunatley, glad you caught some fish though....:wink:

7. cdog

cdog New Member

State:
    ohio
    Sounds like a nice catch with such little time. Wish you all the luck hookin in to him next time.

8. JBrooks

JBrooks New Member

State:
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    It was probably due to the fast retrieve on the Garcia's. If you had a Penn that wouldn't have happened. :wink:

Lol just kidding. It's happened to all of us man.
    At least you had some fun.

9. bedbug jr

bedbug jr New Member

State:
    Missouri
    That's a hard pill to swallow, but you still had the thrill of the fight and the incentive to go back after him. Better luck next time. Stay safe and go get him again!!!:wink:

10. kitsinni

kitsinni New Member

State:
    Ohio
    You are right about the incentive to go back. You would think something like this would make you want to give up but it just makes me want to go out even more.

11. Golden

Golden New Member

State:
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    And take me b/c i have alot of work to do on my boat till it is ready for a night of fishing. i have to redo almost all of the wiring

12. kitsinni

kitsinni New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I could but now that you have your own boat I can't show you any of the places I actually fish :smile2:

13. jg_gmc

jg_gmc New Member

State:
    west virginia
    lol,he just gave you a dose of the fever !!!!

14. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    Hell Niko that baby had to be at least a hundred pounds or more,I speak from experience on the subject cause all the whoppers I fail to land weigh at least that much!! That's me story and I'm sticking to it:wink:. Thank's for the report,J.D.

15. cudadustin

cudadustin New Member

State:
    Cincinnati, OHIO
    You've got his address and phone number now buddy. Get back out there and knock down that fat cat's door. I'd like to see a picture of that hog in your avatar. Better yet, on the cover of the newspaper! Go get him.

16. mbill

mbill New Member

State:
    Midvale Ohio
    Sorry to hear that he got away, but now you have to to go back and hunt for. Overall it looks like you had the right spot and the right day picked out, Congrats on the other fine fish.