Full throttle

Discussion in 'Bubba's Outboards' started by OleWhiskers, May 11, 2009.

1. OleWhiskers

OleWhiskers New Member

State:
    Minster,Ohio
    I have a 71 rude 60 horse. I runs fine til full throttle. it don't miss or anything but it's like it is at idol speed the boat slow down and noses up. I can back off and start throttling back up and does aright til at full agian. any one have any ideas on this one.....

2. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    are you saying the boat rises and falls with the speed of the motor staying the same or is it cutting itself back to idle and you have to drop back on the throttle and starting all over again.

3. BajaCoop

BajaCoop Well-Known Member

State:
    Poplar Bluff,MO
    Is the motor just falling on its face once you hit WOT?

as in if it is at 3/4 throttle in runs like it is at 3/4 throttle but once you go to WOT it bogs down like it is at 1/4 throttle and loses rpms?

4. OleWhiskers

OleWhiskers New Member

State:
    Minster,Ohio
    well let me try to clear this up. the boat speeds up but at wot its like the moters rpms drop to about the same as idol and the boat slows down. the moter runs smooth with no missing just no power at wot. although sometimes it will stay up at wot and then its like flipping a switch and cutting the power in half. well thats about the best i can explain it. i have installed new fuel lines and checked for leaks. none found. the primer bulb is also new. new plugs and rectifier.:confused2:and:angry:

5. Snagged2

Snagged2 New Member

State:
    Verde Valley AZ
    mebbe change the spark plugs...

6. Sawdust

Sawdust New Member

State:
    SC
    There is probably some trash plugging one of the carb jets