full throttle suspension

Discussion in '4X4 Truck Talk and Repairs' started by cumberlandcat, Oct 31, 2007.

1. cumberlandcat

cumberlandcat New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I have been trying to find a dealer or somebody who can get me a 9.5 or 12 inch lift for my GMC HD but all my searching has come up empty handed with lots of facts and pics but none for sale. Any help would be great.

2. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    Chris I think they banned that for sale here in tn. But you can always make you one but I will PM you a site located here in tn that you can advertise for one and its free. to.

3. Ecfool

Ecfool New Member

State:
    California
    Only one thing comes to my mind bout 12" a lift.....why??? ya wanna test the dirty side up theory?
    Now seriously that is wayyyy to much lift to be safe it massivly upsets the roll over center of gravity and really makes a truck unsafe for road.

4. cantstopgrandma

cantstopgrandma New Member

State:
    MD
    If your truck has an independant front suspension, you probably aren't going to find a lift that big. You would be MUCH better off finding a custom offroad fabrication shop and getting them to swap a SOLID FRONT AXLE!! With a lift as big as you're talking about, it would probably be about the same price, if not cheaper to go Solid axle, and it will be MUCH stronger. If you want to stay with the independant front suspension, grab you a 4x4 offroad magazine and write them with your questions, they're usually pretty knowlegeable.

5. SSgt Fishslayer

SSgt Fishslayer New Member

State:
    south carolina
    i agree with matt. a solid axle would be better for you, but if you dont want to do that take it to an offroad shop and see if they can build you a custom lift. it is going to be more expensive, but i dont know of anyone that makes one that big for that truck.

6. GMC FishHauler

GMC FishHauler New Member

State:
    Waco, Texas, Un
    i have a 12" lift for a HD in my shop that i took off of my truck.
    Let me know if u really want it. It is FTS!!!

7. cumberlandcat

cumberlandcat New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Well I see them rolling around all the time and I have wanted to lift one of my trucks for a while, I know full throttle makes one they even make a 14 and 16 inch I just can't find the dealer.Thanks for the input