full moon

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by bobcats fan, Jul 20, 2008.

1. bobcats fan

bobcats fan New Member

State:
    jackson,ohio
    ? does any one know if the full moon does anything to catfish feeding habits. went out to the scioto to a good spot and had 2 runs and caught one 6lbs shovel and there was 2 of us fishin dont know if it was bad luck or the big bright full moon:crazy:

2. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
    i myself think it does past two nights its ben real bright and i have had verry crappy luck myself while we was in the darker part of the moon faze i was doing fairly well so the moon is my exscuse and im sticking to it lol!!!!!!:smile2:

3. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    I would say that the moon has a large impact on fishing and that the darkest nights are the best

4. BassMassey

BassMassey Well-Known Member

State:
    Oconee
    i just got back from a skunkin........mosquitos bit pretty good though, and we did catch a buzz........the fishing was slow. only two days ago we caught fish pretty good, and we are in the same weather pattern and all the other variables haven't changed?? Did anyone have any luck last night......

5. slimdaddy

slimdaddy Well-Known Member

State:
    Nelsonville, Oh
    Name:
    Keith
    well they was hittin good on the hocking river 22.5 flat 8.5 lb channel and some i missed

6. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    nice fish there Keith, and I like the new avatar...congrats...rollo

7. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
    glad some one cawt fish like one fellow sait only bites i got was skeeters

8. tcba1987

tcba1987 New Member

State:
    Dennison, Ohio
    i think the bite slows way down on the full moon............but i seem to catch some of my biggest fish on the full moon !!!

9. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    washington court house,oh
    i always liked it with no moon,and a slight breeze,chopping the water a little.plus,the chop on the water breaks up the light and it don't penetrate the water as deep either.